What a difference a day makes!

6FNAUTICLUB

Dec 26, 2015
Yesterday at 7.20am I got a phone call from mum saying she wasn't going into respite care that had been arranged, initially two weeks with a view to longer/perm! after a lot of very careful easy going conversation she agreed to go in, as I've said earlier we have had a terrible seven days but we now realise it was all a cry for help. So Mum has been in respite for 36 hours and the improvement is amazing, she appears to have no real cares in the world, she's having lovely 3 course meals each meal, showered, someone popping in regularly, shower, cup of tea etc etc, let's hope this continues and mum decides this is where she should be!

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Thank goodness you followed your instinct and acted on her behalf - well done :)
I hope your mum flourishes
and that you have time to breathe and relax

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
I hope you get some well-deserved rest while your mother is in respite, and that it all goes as well as possible. Best wishes to you.

Cazb85

Jan 2, 2016
This is so positive for me to hear this. Currently doing tours of homes to find dad good respite. He needs it so bad as he just isn't coping and gets angry that I'm at work. Plus at night it all steps up a gear and I am getting up to settle him 2 or 3 times.

I need a break and I so want him to react like your mum!!!!!

janey106

Dec 10, 2013
Your post gives me hope, thank you. I am so glad you have had a good start. Mum's Mental Health worker and in-house Social Worker are going to visit her and Dad on Monday to try and arrange same thing to help Dad have much needed break and recovery time after stroke. I truly believe the company and care you describe will help Mum too. Feels like a big step but necessary. Hope you get some peace knowing she is safe.

6FNAUTICLUB

Dec 26, 2015
It certainly is reassuring that mum is being well looked after, and that makes it all worthwhile although today, she isn't too good, seems very slow and lethargic, think this is more to do with the fact she has insisted she has 3/4 zopiclone at bedtime when we had got her down to 0.5 but she frets if she doesn't sleep but I think it stays in her system to long, although I also think reality is hitting home that she needs to be looked after 24/7.

Thanks for all the comments, I hope everything works out well for you all xx