What a day! :(

Sheepteach

Sep 4, 2011
Somerset
Yesterday was dad's birthday - 85. :) My brother saw him in the morning with a card and some cake:)

Then... dad taken ill in the afternoon, waited 2 hours for an ambulance then spent another 5 hours in A & E being assessed, finally left him at 2am, having had a barrage of tests and more to come tomorrow.

He has had to be sedated as he was so agitated. Praying that some sleep and rehydration /pain relief will see him calmer tomorrow.

I am trying to wind down after those traumatic hours - not easy. Will try to get some sleep now.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Your poor dad. I hope they can find out what's wrong and help him. I also hope you got some rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
So sorry to hear about your Dad. How worrying for you.
I hope you have managed to get some sleep.
When you can, please let us know how you all are.

Last edited:

Sheepteach

Sep 4, 2011
Somerset
Thank you TP

Just to let you know my wonderful father passed away last night, quickly and very peacefully. I was with him at the end and it felt an honour to be there. He can now find his mum and make all the tea and cheese sandwiches he likes! Love to you all, Mary

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Mary I am so sorry for the loss of your dad.How lovely that you were there and it was peaceful. I wish you peace for the coming days

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
So sorry to read about your Dad, wishing you strength for the difficult times ahead. Take care of yourself x

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Talking Point mobile app

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm so sorry to read about your father's passing. I am glad that in the end he found peace and that you were with him. Wishing you strength for the days and weeks ahead. x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read about your dad Mary. I'm glad you were with him. Sending my condolences and wishing you strength.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife