What a Christmas...

Nebiroth

Aug 20, 2006
Oh dear, it never rains but it pours.

Mum was striken with pleurisy before and over Christmas, which resulted in a visit to the emergency health centre on Christmas morning.

Then dad picked up a cough and cold, with the effect of making his dementia worse - he just sat and looked vacant, and couldn;t remember where the bathroom or bedroom were..in between accusing "someone" of moving/stealing his clothes.

He had his six-monthly checkup at the GP yesterday with the results of the regular blood test. It came back that he's anaemic, lost weight and has constipation, and we now have to get him fast-tracked for a bowel scan. At the moment he's refusing to go...

It doesn't surprise me considering his diet consists of jam sandwiches and cake.

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Sorry to hear about your parents, It is like waiting for a bus - when they all come along at once.
I wonder why myself that they alway prefect sweet things with A.D./Dementia.
Perhaps your Dad may change his mind to-morrow and go and have the scan.
To be truthful, I am glad Christmas is out of the way.
I wish you all the best.
Christine

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Neborith,
I'm so sorry to hear about your parents. I do hope your Mum is feeling better - altho' it will take time for her to get her strength back.

Good luck with getting your Dad to the doctors. I'm going to PM you about a substance that MIGHT be useful for your Dad's constipation.

Thinking of you.

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hi Neborith,

Sorry to hear how difficult things have being for you. I do hope that your mum soon recovers. Good luck with getting your dad to cooperate, and I do hope that it isn't anything serious. What a Christmas is right....poor you.

Take Care, Taffy.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry Nebiroth. What a difficult time you`ve had.

Your mother probably has a lowered resistance due to the dtress she`s been suffering, so would be more open to infection.

Your poor father. Would he notice if you sprinkled some bran on his jam sandwich?