What a beautiful day!

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
Isnt it wonderful weather?!
I know we are all a bit miffed about the footie, but, hey, what a beautiful day!

I have Dads funeral this Wednesday and seem to be spending too much time worrying about what to wear!!!....maybe its a sub-conscious ploy to distract me from the real issue...or maybe I am just vain!!! :) We have all said we would wear bright colours but I have veerd back to black...well..black skirt and bright red top...so a compromise at least! It seems that the time between Dad leaving us and the funeral has really dragged...will be better once Wednesday is over.

If I could I would send you all a huge bunch of flowers each for all your support...but my lowly wages wont allow...so....

Huge hugs for everyone and big thank yous to you all. :D

M
x

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Maria, you are a star! You have been so positive, so loving, so thoughtful of your dad.....he would be/IS so proud of you! Well done!!!!

I am sure Wednesday - deperately hard as it will be on the day - will later prove to be a source of strength for you. I do love that idea of wearing bright colours... but know what you mean....

Well I have certainly found that I can 'feel' a virtual hug - so why not smell the scent of 'virtual flowers'......????

Will be thinking of you on Wednesday.....

Love Karen (TF)

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Shall be thinking of you on Wednesday I hope the weather stay the same for you all on Wednesday sending you a big ((((HUG)))) back .

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
Hi Maria

We are all star struck!

Remember that Wednesday is a celebration of Dad's life, wear bright clothes and play cheerful hymns/music, he deserves it. My thoughts are with you.

Hugs

Dick

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Dick's right
When my dad died on the front of the order of service was printed "A Thanksgiving" of dad's life and that's what its all about...we were all so thankful for dads life and we celebrated the fact that his life had made our lives so much richer....and that's the legacy he gave us and for that we'll always be so grateful...:)
Love
Wendy

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
My brother in law said some lovely words at my dads funeral - this is a part of it

When he became ill, Stan’s uncomplaining nature came into its own. Despite enormous pain and huge frustration over his decreasing mobility, all we ever heard was “I’ll be all right if I can get my legs going again” He couldn’t be doing with making a fuss, or being the centre of attention.

When all is said and done, we all knew and shared life with a thoroughly decent man who gave more than he asked for. He was part of all our lives but let us live them without interference. Always ready with support and advice if it was sought.

I do so miss him, but have such good memories of a great childhood

Take care Marie

Libs