Wet room

opaline

Nov 13, 2014
On a practical level, does anyone have any tips for cleaning the floor of a wet room? ie it's a non-slip surface. Usually use a Flash Powermop but ended up scrubbing it yesterday with a nail brush! Luckily it's not large. Maybe I'm just being paranoid about it not being clean, lol, x

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I use my wallpaper steamer to steam the floor.... not using the flat bed that goes on the wall... I just hold the hose bit - wearing an oven mitt to protect my hands

I could I suppose use a proper steamer thingy with all the proper bits/heads... But as they are the same sort of thing didn't feel the need to purchase a new machine.

Also another good "cleaning agent" is white vinegar and water. 50/50 in a spray bottle to keep on top of the cleaning. The smell doesn't last too long.... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

opaline

Nov 13, 2014
Thanks for that tip, 2jays, I've got a wallpaper steamer, never thought of that, the OH will think I've gone nuts, lol, xx

Anniebell

Jan 31, 2015
On a practical level, does anyone have any tips for cleaning the floor of a wet room? ie it's a non-slip surface. Usually use a Flash Powermop but ended up scrubbing it yesterday with a nail brush! Luckily it's not large. Maybe I'm just being paranoid about it not being clean, lol, x

Hi Opaline I spray with flash with the bleach in leave it for a bit then give it a good scrub with the mop and then rinse away with the shower I tried using a steamer but because the floor is not smooth it wasn't so easy never thought about a wallpaper steamer will give it a go well done 2jays for coming up that one take care everyone Annie x

Kittyann

Jun 19, 2013
Maybe a bit extreme but in addition to normal cleaning with a mop etc I periodically give ours a blast with the power washer I usually use for outdoors. You have to be careful not to overdo it but it leaves the tiles and grouting pristine.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I bought a steam mop (from one of the discount supermarkets for about £20), one of the best things I ever bought. Although you're not supposed to I clean the laminate floor with it too as well as the carpets and obviously the bathroom floor.
There is one where the steamer is detachable with attachments to steam clean curtains and furniture, I have one of the hand held ones for doing this but steam cleaning is (I think) the only way to go.
If you think of the amount you spend on cleaning products then 20 or 30 quid for a steam cleaner which only needs water (I put a bit of disinfectant in too) and you can clean most anything with it.
K

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
We have a large shower tray, rather than a wet room

I have a long handled broom, with fairly stiff bristles that I bought for this very job- we don't use it to sweep the floors

its far less back breaking, you get a good *scrub* if you need it, and get a reasonable sized area clean quite quickly, nothing to plug in or wait to heat.