Wet room

Leske

Aug 2, 2020
I have just joined this forum! My 1st post! My mother has just (last week) been diagnosed as having dementia and we are looking to building a wet room for her as she lives with us (since a broken pelvis last October). Does anyone have any personal experience/recommendations - what to consider/any recommended builders etc? We live in Buckingham - look forward to hearing any ideas/thoughts. Thanks :)

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Welcome @Lesley Kragt you'll find lots of friendly advice and support here :) Forum members will not be able to provide recommendations for builders but there are several members who have had wet rooms fitted so will hopefully share advice/tips. If you put 'wet room' into the search bar above you'll find a few previous threads on the subject too. Building work/adaptations to help those with a disability (inc. dementia) qualify for VAT relief in relation to the materials/fitting so worth speaking with your builder about this - details are here: https://www.gov.uk/financial-help-disabled/vat-relief

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
I have worked in so many wet rooms where there is no incline in the level of the floor to encourage the water to go down the plug hole.
I just use towels to create a ‘dam’ to stop the water heading for the door.