Wet cold miserable Saturday night! Wonderful moment!

99purdy

Oct 31, 2014
Not posted for quite a while but wanted to share this, I know everyone on here will hopefully appreciate. Went to visit Dad today! He has been end of the horrible roller coaster life for over 12 months! Told him my son, his grandson, was travelling to Japan today. No response, he has been unable to speak and can not walk unaided for the last 6 months. 15 minutes later he said, very clearly, “he will be speaking Japanese next!” My husband, the Carer, he has 1-1 care and myself nearly fell off our chairs! Then back to no response but very smiley. Sounds a very silly thread, but it has made my day, even year! Just goes to show that this terrible illness does sometimes gives a ray of sunshine. Just wanted to share this moment daft as it seems!

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Yes I witnessed this type of delayed response with John. My interpretation was that it took a lot of effort to process thoughts and so as you move on they suddenly come up with an answer but can’t usually take it any further.

99purdy

Oct 31, 2014
Yes I witnessed this type of delayed response with John. My interpretation was that it took a lot of effort to process thoughts and so as you move on they suddenly come up with an answer but can’t usually take it any further.
Thank you so much for your reply. I agree with your comments. Dad has been end of life for over 12 months, we have had some really traumatic incidents! But he keeps going! He has been unable to speak for 6 months, then speaks as clear as day! Really shows the complexities that this illness hold. X

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
End of life, it’s a strange state; but have little glimmers with Dad. From no conversation or incoherence comes the odd pearl!

hopefully you will get more
Enjoy & treasure
((((((Hugs)))))))