Weston super mare

Chris

May 20, 2003
Hello Long time since I posted but our local branch of Alzheimer's Society has had an enquiry that you may be able to help with.

I remember Norman visits WEston super mare on hols from time to time too.

The enquirer is from Midlands and is asking for a recommendation for a hotel in Weston , his wife is in the early stages of dementia.

This also begs the question - what makes a hotel good when someone has dementia .

As someone (who doesnt have dementia, I dont think ) I'd welcome the words LADIES & GENTS on toilet doors as once when in the gents !!!! its those stupid diagrams that assume women wear dresses !!!!

Thanks Chris

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
I don't have any specific recommendation, but was told about a great website recently. It is run by disabled people, for disabled people

http://www.disabledgo.info/Default.asp

"DisabledGo provides free detailed access information for disabled people across the UK. Our detailed access information will empower you to judge for yourself which hotels, cinemas, restaurants, solicitors' offices, pubs, train stations - all kinds of shops and services - are accessible to your particular needs."

There is a hotels and accomodation section and all reviews are independent.
Easy to use too which makes a nice change....

Good luck
Craig

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
Hi Chris

If your friend was a member of the armed forces there is a British Legion convalescent home in Weston which he and his wife are entitled to use regarless of whether he or she was a regular or conscript and they do not need to be a member of the RBL.

Dick