• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

    You can access this area by going to the Health and wellbeing forum >here< or you can directly access the area >here<.

West Sussex local authority


Registered User
Jan 27, 2015
Storrington, West Sussex
Hello everyone. I am trying to help my Dad out with my Mum's alzheimer's remotely ( I am based in Aus). We are terribly confused about how the LA assessments work as they seem to vary from LA to LA. Does anyone have any experience with West Sussex and be able to point us in the direction of some guidance? Many thanks for any help.


Registered User
Apr 6, 2011
North Manchester
"...We are terribly confused about how the LA assessments work as they seem to vary from LA to LA..."

Your mother is entitled to

Your father is entitled to

Financial assessment
For non residential care and services there is no national standard but all LAs should conform to
you have to go to the relevant website to find details, some LAs are better than others at publishing this info.

For residential care there is a standard, commonly referred to as CRAG



Have you tried doing >>>THIS<<<
Last edited: