West Sussex homes for under 65s

COS

Jan 3, 2016
Hi, my mum is 64 and has frontotemporal dementia. Unfortunately it has come to the stage where she is unsafe in her own home. I'm looking for recommendations for homes in the local area (she lives in Worthing, West Sussex) for under 65s. Mum is still young and very active therefore I would prefer if she was with younger people of her own age. Unfortunately no-one will provide any help or recommendation on where would be suitable for her and most homes in the area are for the elderly.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Try a search >>>HERE<<< you can alter the filters for type and region.

Have you asked the Local Authority?

Forum T&Cs prohibit specific recommendations although they can be made by PM.

h

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Hi, my mum is 64 and has frontotemporal dementia. Unfortunately it has come to the stage where she is unsafe in her own home. I'm looking for recommendations for homes in the local area (she lives in Worthing, West Sussex) for under 65s. Mum is still young and very active therefore I would prefer if she was with younger people of her own age. Unfortunately no-one will provide any help or recommendation on where would be suitable for her and most homes in the area are for the elderly.

If you chose a home for the under 65s remember she will have to be moved after a year and she might have settled well,

Josiem6

Feb 1, 2016
Hello! My mum is 57 and was diagnosed two years ago with Alzheimer's. She is also in West Sussex, (Chichester). We looked at different possibilities for homes suitable for her and found nothing. She is still capable to live on her own but has carers 3 times a day. We have found that it is much better to keep her in her own home for as along as physically possible- try and get all the help and support she needs to keep her there. It's hard but it will pay off.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point