West Sussex Connect to Support Website

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
I have just had delivered the free West Sussex Connections paper, and in it they launch a new website called West Sussex Connect to Support.org which is a one stop shop for information, products and services relating to care and support for adults. It particularly has lots of advice and guidance to support people in a caring role, with a carers self-appraisal and information on what is available.

I'm sure that there are similar website for other areas, but thought I would put this link here as it may also help others outside West Sussex. Providers of care, products and support can also advertise on the site.

Cloverland

Jun 9, 2014
It's now on as a favourite. They do seem fairly proactive in this day and age. It must be hard for councils to meet all the required needs with constant cuts from central government.

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Just received the Winter edition of Carers Support for West Sussex Carers. It lists all the events for carers in the County, such as a weekly coffee morning in Haywards Heath, monthly tea and visits in Horsham and a new event called Monthly 1:1 Face to Face Carer appointments for information and support in Chichester and Midhurst.

There are new Carers Support groups in Worthing and Littlehampton and a series of Dementia Wellbeing Workshops scheduled across the county during 2015.

There is also the chance to apply for a Relaxation Therapy voucher :)

More information and a copy of the newsletter is on the website.