We're bringing Dad home!

Peapod

May 19, 2007
Pembrokeshire
Just to let you all know that rightly or wrongly we're taking Dad out of his assessment clinic on Sunday!
It turns out that the extreme agitation and confusion he was going through 10 days ago or so was due in no small part to horrendous constipation of all things, and since being in the clinic he has slept well and although still confused and frustated with not being able to 'get his words out', all he wants to do is come home - and we want him back desperately.

He's become a real hit with all the medical staff there because of his lovely manners and gentle ways, and whilst we're under no illusions as to what may lie ahead, for now we feel that he he would be happier and more comfortable in his own home.

Social Services have been informed and when he's home my parents will be getting a visit, and as I've said before, we're going to make sure we get all the help possible.

So what if he sees fairies at the bottom of the garden? If he can still potter to the local shop, sit on a bench in the sun, chat about 'old times', and spend too much money at the garden centre, then we will be happy.

Bless you all - I'll keep you updated. XXXXXXX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You know your father and want the best for him. If you feel he`ll be happier at home, who`s to argue.

He`s obviously a very dearly loved father.

I hope it all goes well for all of you.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Don't thing they is rightly or wrongly, its what you all feel good with within the family that matter more

get all the support that SW can offer your family in supporting you all in your father care at home :)

Sounds lovely
If he can still potter to the local shop, sit on a bench in the sun, chat about 'old times', and spend too much money at the garden centre, then we will be happy.

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Peapod read your posting with interest as my husband has just been taken into hospital with the same symptoms. I am also hoping it turns out he has an infection or some reason for the severe moods swings he suddenly developed. I wish you well and hope he settles back ok.

Peapod

May 19, 2007
Pembrokeshire
Thanks Chip.
Obviously it wasn't easy BEFORE my Dad's admission, but this constipation lark was really upsetting and the final straw for my Mum who hadn't had any sleep for 2 or 3 nights.
Just to try and put your mind (a bit!) at rest, the staff are wonderful at the clinic and the kindness and respect they show to Dad and the others is second to none, it was just that we couldn't bear to see him so depressed and confused; he's still 'with it' enough a lot of the time to wonder why he'd been admitted.
I hope the doctors find something 'physical' with your Husband (If you know what I mean) and that he's comfortable and cared for.
Good luck X

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Peapod

Good luck with having your father home. He sounds a lovely man, and you obviously love him very much.

Love,

Peapod

May 19, 2007
Pembrokeshire
Hi Skye - and thanks.
Yes, we all love him to bits and it's his and Mum's golden wedding anniversary later this year; well worth celebrating! :)

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Good news peapod. Sincerly hope all goes well for the immediate future.

Try to put in place as much help as possible. It will help to ease the day to day care a little.