well I don't believe there is no hope; or ever will.

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Micky and Rita,

{{{HUGS}}} to both of you! Rita, you are fortunate to have such a loving husband who will do anything for you. My dear old hubbie loves me (I think!;) but I don't think he'd ever say I looked 16! When I say to him "say something romantic" he says "dear old wife"!! Think that's probably as good as I'll get!! Lucky Rita!! (Mind you I'm not complaining! My old boy is pretty special too.:D Nell

janetruth

Mar 20, 2007
nuneaton
Hi Nell

I keep meaning to ask you if you originate from England, as in 1963 my family emigreted to Melbourne ( Nunawading ). We lived on hostel for over 2 years, mum and dad worked hard to pay for return home after realising it was not for them or their six daughters. I have 2 aunts and their families who have made Australia rheir home.
Love yoour posts Nell.

Hi Mick and Rita

Hope you are both ok this lovely Sunday morning, when I take my mum her breakfast,the first thing I do is turn her radio on. She will always say' that music sooths the savage soul' .
When she gets up I put DVDs on George Formby, Judy Garland, and a selection of big band sounds or Thirties music which she can sing along with keeps her spirits up, I like it too and besides I can play my kind of music when she goes to Day Centre on a Wednesday, as loud as I like.

Take Care, Bye for now
Janetruth x

M

mickyinlondon

noelphobic said:
Not sure if you were trying to say 'even a scouser DOESN'T have more humour than us' perhaps?

Be careful how you answer this, if you know where I am literally coming from lol! :D :eek:

It's the way I tell it; Noel, As Frank Carson would say..:)

In English; I meant Scousers are kings of humour; followed by Cockneys; and don't we get into trouble for it..:) :) Micky.

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
mickyinlondon said:
It's the way I tell it; Noel, As Frank Carson would say..:)

In English; I meant Scousers are kings of humour; followed by Cockneys; and don't we get into trouble for it..:) :) Micky.

in that case we don't have a problem! :D

M

mickyinlondon

janetruth said:
Hi Nell

I keep meaning to ask you if you originate from England, as in 1963 my family emigreted to Melbourne ( Nunawading ). We lived on hostel for over 2 years, mum and dad worked hard to pay for return home after realising it was not for them or their six daughters. I have 2 aunts and their families who have made Australia rheir home.
Love yoour posts Nell.

Hi Mick and Rita

Hope you are both ok this lovely Sunday morning, when I take my mum her breakfast,the first thing I do is turn her radio on. She will always say' that music sooths the savage soul' .
When she gets up I put DVDs on George Formby, Judy Garland, and a selection of big band sounds or Thirties music which she can sing along with keeps her spirits up, I like it too and besides I can play my kind of music when she goes to Day Centre on a Wednesday, as loud as I like.

Take Care, Bye for now
Janetruth x

Hi Nell & Jane.

Nelly; you are a cheeky girl...:) :) but it helps to get through life..:)

Jane; I am music mad; so is Rita; with music and laughter; we lack nothing.

Love to both you girls.......Micky.

M

mickyinlondon

It has been asked how old my wife is; well she is ageless; years are just numbers.

But I think you can all see my girl in real life; with a few clips I filmed in the past two weeks; on her daily walks through Regents Park.

I think pictures speak a thousand words; and you see the real people; something the NHS and the Government; do not see or consider, those they judge and condemn as real people.

I hope this video is allowed; if not the moderators can delete it; and I do not even know if the forum can show it; but I am going to try anyway.

The link is my own site; nothing commercial or political, and no adds of any kind; just my way of connecting to the WWW.

I made it a windows file; which can be played on Windows Player; these files are small; and don't give of the true video images they way they were filmed; but it buffers a lot quicker; hence WMV files.

www.mickyinlondon.com/lostcause

I think you will all know Rita & I; better; and we are real people; and we do not hide from what we are; and what we believe and feel; we leave that to the NHS, and the Government; hiding is more them than any of us.....Micky & Rita..

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Micky

I've just watched your video, and I can't believe it!

Your Rita is so lovely, and so young. I'm not surprised you're angry. Surely, surely, surely someone can give her the treatment she needs? (Stupid thing to say, if there was any way you'd have found it).

Thank you so much for posting it, as you say, it does help us understand.

Love to you both,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
A very moving video Micky.

What reaons have been given for your wife not being considered suitable for medication.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
What a lovely way to express your love and to get the message across for medication for AZ I only ask about Rita age, because I never new that dementia could hit people from the age 35 and upwards so was just interested , as not every one has a talent like to do that video on TP . I did love the last song, I do apology if I offended you in asking.

My mother ask me where that music was comeing from , she enjoyed the music also , even thought she could not undertand the point , so I just said its music someone done to show how much a husband love's his wife .

Thanks for shareing

Lonestray

Aug 3, 2006
Hereford
The same road

Hi, Micky your first post struck a cord with me. I was always an angry young man and would 'tell it how it is', in fact when I worked with Americans that was how I was introduced. I've mellowed with the years, but in the early years of my wife's Alz I lashed out with my tongue time and time again, with hospital and NH staff, with good cause I might add.

Now since going it alone caring for Jean, one of the best gifts I've earned is patience. Now, I try to accept none of us are perfect, a product of our upbringing.
My method of dealing with frustrating situations could be with considered humorous, or not. Here are two examples:

When trying to park at a supermarket, there was a woman sitting in a 4x4 with the engine running. She was parked in a disabled slot and chatting away to a friend, she was young, healthy and with no blue badge.
"Could you please turn off you engine, or vacate the area?" She couldn't believe her ears.
"What.....what did you say?"
"Oh I'm sorry, only two watts, your not very bright, but this area is for Disabled parking" They stopped talking and she dashed off!

2. I was pushing Jean by a school where there are calming bumps. I indicated to a speeding driver to slow down. He screeched to a halt and became very abusive. My remarks seemed to cool him down.

"It's OK I can see your having trouble with self control, which is not very good for vehicle control!"

You will learn in time to ignore the negative distractions and devote your 'present time', which is always with us, to lovingly caring for your girl. It's a mind game that'll get you through, once you master that I know you can do it. Keep telling yourself there is only NOW to deal with, the NOW will be with you as long as you live. Along the Sea of Time you may encounter good and bad times, plan ahead, but don't worry about something that may or may not happen.
I wish you well in caring for you wife. Padraig

M

mickyinlondon

Skye said:
Hi Micky

I've just watched your video, and I can't believe it!

Your Rita is so lovely, and so young. I'm not surprised you're angry. Surely, surely, surely someone can give her the treatment she needs? (Stupid thing to say, if there was any way you'd have found it).

Thank you so much for posting it, as you say, it does help us understand.

Love to you both,

Hi Hazel.

In truth; my wife is not young at all; she is in fact 77 years old; but I feed her the best and freshest food I can buy; she was always a clean living woman; neither smoking or drinking; gentle and loving to children and animals; she was never like me.

But what has age to do with it; she could easily live to be a hundred; if she was helped; but we will still do our best to make a hundred; then when the Queen sends us a card; we will say thank you to her; and ask; ''where were you when she was only 77 years old'' :) :)

We will go on; and we will state our case; and inform everyone we meet; [and I do meet a lot of people] just what the situation is with dementia; and just how good the NHS is; in marking out those for extinction; as a cheap shot at saving our taxes being spent on us all.

In just a couple of days; you have all guided me to my tasks.

I am just an ugly old man; but nobodies fool.

Love to you Hazel.....Micky

M

mickyinlondon

Grannie G said:
A very moving video Micky.

What reaons have been given for your wife not being considered suitable for medication.

Hi Sylvia.

I am just a beginner at video; but I learn fast; you all can do it, and I can teach you how.

I now see video as a weapon; to show the whole world what is real and true; I have already thought about it; and trust me; I can do more damage with pictures; than I ever could with my fists.

All of you have opened my eyes,''Wide''

As to reasons for no medication for Rita; it's simple...COST?

And as yet; none of them have talked about it to me; and I have asked.

The nearest I got was two weeks ago; on one of those biased tests run and designed by those NICE people; Rita only scored 10, out of 30, this I was informed made her to far gone to help; even though a year ago they said she was not bad enough for medication; so they delayed it till she was; in their words; to late etc. But that is their opinion; not mine; you have seen the girl since that test; and my video proves my point; is she; Really a Lost Cause?

We will do it alone if we have to; and going by the alledged support for dementia; that is just what we will do.

Love to you Sylvia..........Micky.

M

mickyinlondon

Margarita said:
What a lovely way to express your love and to get the message across for medication for AZ I only ask about Rita age, because I never new that dementia could hit people from the age 35 and upwards so was just interested , as not every one has a talent like to do that video on TP . I did love the last song, I do apology if I offended you in asking.

My mother ask me where that music was comeing from , she enjoyed the music also , even thought she could not undertand the point , so I just said its music someone done to show how much a husband love's his wife .

Thanks for shareing

Hi Margarita.

Don't worry about the age thing; but I am being honest when I say, Rita is 77 years old; not that I ever see her age; I just see her; and with my eyesight; she looks 16...:) :)

And you could not offend me; my skin is far to thick for offence's to penitrate.

As to video's; they are not as much fun as photo manipulation; I could put a picture of Tony Blair; [or anyone;] and I could put Tony Blair in a dementia ward in Broadmoor; begging for medication, only to be refused any; by the thug guarding him; now that is a thought; isn't it..:) :) :) :)

Yes I have learned a lot from reading this forum.

Love to you; Margarita........Micky.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
No wonder you’re so angry, my mother score is a 12 and she on medication for last stages , I was told if mum went into care home they would take them away when she scored under 10 , so I am keeping mum at home with me as long as I can . because since late year she has had a drop , but where she is at home with me she still getting the medication on the NHS , so really you could give Rita medication for late stage AZ now , but would have to go privet.

In the video is Rita a 10 in the memory test? because she look amazing as my mother can not walk alone she needs a Zimmer frame

I could put a picture of Tony Blair; [or anyone;] and I could put Tony Blair in a dementia ward in Broadmoor
sounds fun lol

Please don't do it on TP because of cope right xx
video's; they are not as much fun as photo manipulation;
PS I saw that done on photo forum, man was looking in the mirror and his reflection in the mirrow was looking in a different way . It was really good

Last edited:

janetruth

Mar 20, 2007
nuneaton
Hi Micky and Rita

I enjoyed your video, but had to ask my partner to tell me how old did I think 'The lady' was. I have little central vision ( I am registered partially sighted ) details elude me, so I do not judge people by what they look like.
He said she looked to be around my age (55), Your Rita carries herself very well.
I hope that one day, in the very near future, you will be able to get the medication she deserves, which hopefully will keep the Rita you know, with you for as long as possible.

Stay possitive Micky.
Take care Bye for now
janetruth x