Well done, Christine

117katie

Dear Christine

I don't know you - and you don't know me - but as I sat listening to Radio 4's PM programme this evening, I just recognised - in your voice - the sparkle I have seen in your messages on AlzSocWebsite.

I cannot applaud you enough for how you handled that all.

Much love from me to you and your Peter and your family.

They are so lucky to have you.

Katie

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Katie,
Thank you for your message. When asked by the Society to do it, I was very apprehensive.
After the interview in my home, did I let the Society down was my main worry but my family heard it and they were very proud.
So that you for that it really means a lot.
Love from
Christine

Doreen99

Jan 12, 2008
Sheffield
Hi

I don't listen to the radio, so I missed this.

Could you tell the name of the programme and what time it was on, in case I can get a download of it from the BBC website?

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Well Done

Dear Katie,

Thank you for pointing this out to Talking Point.

Best Wishes, Taffy. :)

Dear Christine,

Along with your family I'm sure there is plenty of admiration for you.

I'm sure this interview would have being quite difficult for you at the time to accept.

Good on you for supporting the society.

Take Care, Taffy. :)

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hi Jennifer,

I forgot to thank you also for the link to the interview.

Thank You
Take Care,
Taffy.

117katie

Thanks, Taffy!

Dear Katie,

Thank you for pointing this out to Talking Point.

Best Wishes, Taffy. :)

Dear Christine,

Along with your family I'm sure there is plenty of admiration for you.

I'm sure this interview would have being quite difficult for you at the time to accept.

Good on you for supporting the society.

Take Care, Taffy. :)

Thanks, Taffy, for thanking me for drawing attention to the BBC Radio 4 programme where I heard Christine talking of her experiences, with such a sparkle.

I didn't draw attention to it for thanks, as I am sure you know, but only in the hope that others might listen and then thank Christine for her style, and her fun and her ability-to-cope, like we all do day-to-day-to-day!

But then I was left wondering why nobody else noticed her contribution? Only a very few people seem to have made the effort to listen and to thank Christine for it. Wonder why? Could it be that most people don't bother to listen to Radio 4? Or could it be that ....

We will wonder and hopefully know one day,

Love
KT

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I heard Christine by chance on the radio but I guessed straight away that it was our Christine from TP. I thought you spoke very well indeed Christine and you made me smile as well as marvel at what you have been going through. It was the naturaal way you dealt with the issues which was so impressive. You sounded such a genuine, caring person yet very human and humorous too. Very well done.

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Thank you all for your very kind messages.
When I joined the A.S. and became Branch Secretary it was to raise awareness and not be ashamed of talking openly about this dreadful illness that has robbed us of so much and put our loved ones through such hell.
Perhaps somewhere along the line the powers that be will understand what it is like for our loved ones who are robbed of so much and how our lived are taken over completely.
When my time comes and if I ever meet that Dr. Alzheimer boy am I going to tell him a thing of too. Diagnoising the illness and not finding a cure !
Thank you all
Best wishes
Christine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet