welcome

river_

Oct 15, 2007
UK
Why not use Bi and Trans instead of Lesbian and gay?

Why not make it LGBT? Anyone who comes under that umbrella knows they do, or use Queer.

"In contemporary usage, some use queer as an inclusive, unifying sociopolitical umbrella term for people who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, intersexual, genderqueer, or of any other non-heterosexual sexuality, sexual anatomy, or gender identity. It can also include asexual and autosexual people, as well as gender normative heterosexuals whose sexual orientations or activities place them outside the heterosexual-defined mainstream (e.g. BDSM practitioners, or polyamorous persons). Queer in this sense (depending on how broadly it is defined) is commonly used as a synonym for such terms as LGBT."

robertjohnmills

Nov 16, 2008
Bexley in Kent nr London
A place to talk and share at last

Hi there,
My Partner and I have lived with Dementia for the last 5 years and the horrendous, often apparently insurmountable emotional roller coaster it brings with it. Mark is still well enough to have been able to take part in our Civil Partnership and Blessing Ceremony.
I am just so thrilled to find a place where I feel I can really start to share and perhaps also give a little of our experience to those with a similar lifestyle and challenge brought to a Partner / Carer in a Gay relationship.
Would love to hear from you, whoever LGBT or str8.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Robert

I just wanted to say Welcome to Talking Point and I hope that you find it as helpful and supportive as I have.

Best wishes

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Robert, welcome to TP.

There haven't been many contributors to this forum so far, perhaps your post will encourage others to join in.

But please feel free to join in the other forums too. Most of us may be str8, but I'm sure many of the problems we face will be the same.

All the best,

robertjohnmills

Nov 16, 2008
Bexley in Kent nr London
Thanks for such a warm welcome

Dear Helen and Hazel,
Thanks for responding with such a warm welcome so quickly. I definately think this will be a real channel to share. As you say we have something in common.
My Mark was diagnosed at 47 and we had only had 5 years together before I lost him to this and found someone else in his place. As your footer says we should look to rejoice in what was good.:)

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Robert

47 was very young to be diagnosed. My husband John was diagnosed eight years ago, we had only been married four years -- second time round for both of us. It's all so unfair.

John is now in an EMI unit, can't stand or walk, can't talk, but on good days he's still my John and I love him very much.

It's hard sometimes though, and very lonely.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian.Hogan