Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Talking Point - introduce yourself here

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Dementia Talking Point' started by KatherineW, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Pelegace

Pelegace New member

Dec 18, 2017
    Hi
    I have just signed up for the form on advice from a Dementia Navigator who I will be meeting this week. My mum is 89 with dementia/alzheimers and lives independently in her own home with a care plan in place and daily carers. We are trying to support her through her delusions of people coming into her home, which are very real to her. I was wondering how others deal with this.

2. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Hi @Pelegace and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to read about your mum's diagnosis but I'm glad that you have been pointed in the direction of this forum. There's always someone here to listen and support.

You might find it helpful just to browse round the posts to begin with but when you feel ready you might want to start your own thread. Many members have done this. It allows you to ask all of your questions, share your concerns or even just have a rant and have all of the responses in one place. Just go to the I Care For A Person With Dementia area of the forum and click on post new thread.

In the meantime I wondered if you would find the dementia guide useful - Dementia Guide. Looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

3. Countryboy

Countryboy Registered User

Mar 17, 2005
    Male
    Cornwall
    sorry for jumping in here
    Hi just a query some years ago I was had a Lzzy on my TP friends list ok I don’t have a list now because I have been off air so to speak for a couple of years but wondering if you were the same Lzzy I joined TP in march 2005 and was friends wit Barry who I emailed every week until he passed over

Tony

4. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Yes @Tony - I believe I'm the same Izzy! My husband was Bill but sadly he died last year. It's nice to see you back.

5. Countryboy

Countryboy Registered User

Mar 17, 2005
    Male
    Cornwall

Hi Lzzy Sorry to here Bill had passed away yes I remember Bill now
    well I still going had a couple of heart attacks and got diabetes now but thats old age I suppose

anyway MERRY CHRISTMAS

Tony

6. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Merry Christmas to you and your family as well Tony.

7. Mark_W

Mark_W Volunteer Moderator

Sep 28, 2015
    London
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.