Welcome to Dementia Talking Point! Find out more and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrenD

Oct 15, 2020
Hi,

This is my first time on here. My Dad was recently diagnosed with "Developing Alzheimers". He lives on his own as my Mum passed aware last year. I live just round the corner from home, so even though I am one of 5 children I am always the first person Dad calls when he is feeling "Confused" and "Lost.
And to be honest that is also how I feel at present. They have put him on medication but then I feel we have just been left to get on with things, and I really don't know what to do for the best. Have been looking into home phones and mobile phones as he is struggling with the ones he has, but there is so much information that trying to get the best one is not easy. In fact I feel like nothing is easy, and feel guitly as it must be worse for my pooor Dad.

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
This post may be of interest

Is he at risk from telephone fraud. One good tip is to scratch the three digit code off the back of his credit card ( make a note of it first !)

Having call blocker put on the landline has been brilliant, for mum.

SophieD

Mar 21, 2018
London
Hi everyone! This welcome thread is now closed. The new welcome thread can be found using the link below:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan