• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

Find out more >here<.

Welcome to Dementia Talking Point! Find out more and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charliet

Aug 1, 2020
Welshpool
Thank you so much for this I do appreciate it only problem I’ve got now is that when my Nan was discharged from hospital she wasn’t assessed by social services or anything and nothing has been put in place for her to help with the diagnosis and for us as a family to help they said they will be writing to her gp but that could be a while which is no good to us I’m at a loss at the moment to what I can do to speed things a long as I don’t want her to have another fall or collapse and then have nothing in place to help you know

driver67

Aug 13, 2020
Hi, my father was diagnosed with vascular dementia 18months ago, we are clearly at the start of this journey, my Mum finds it hard to ask for help and everything I suggest she isn’t interested in. Apart from being there for her I don’t know how best to support her. I live round the corner and work full time, so can’t always be there!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm g
Hi, my father was diagnosed with vascular dementia 18months ago, we are clearly at the start of this journey, my Mum finds it hard to ask for help and everything I suggest she isn’t interested in. Apart from being there for her I don’t know how best to support her. I live round the corner and work full time, so can’t always be there!
I'm glad you've found the forum. I know you will get lots of help and support here.

Now that you've introduced yourself you may want to think about starting your own thread in the I Care For A Person With Dementia area of the forum. Lots of people do this so that they can keep all of their questions, concerns, thoughts and responses in the same area.

Whatever you decide - keep posting!

briansgrandchild

Aug 18, 2020
Devon
Hi all. My grandfather is waiting for a dementia diagnosis and his behaviour is becoming increasingly challenging in the meantime. I feel like he is moving beyond the "early" stages of dementia and more into the middle stages, but he is currently able to live at home without professional intervention. I feel that my situation isn't as severe as most others on this forum, but I am aware that the future does not look bright and I want to be prepared for that.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi @briansgrandchild and welcome to the forum.

I’m sorry to read about your grandfather‘s possible diagnosis. I’m glad you have found the forum and I know you will get lots of help and support here. Keep posting!

SophieD

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 21, 2018
London
Hi everyone,

This welcome thread is now closed. The new welcome thread can be found here:

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.