Welcome to Dementia Talking Point! Find out more and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete1

Jul 16, 2019
Hi @Bumble1977, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about you Mum's recent passing, that must be really difficult for you all - especially Dad. Has your Dad been formally assessed yet? It might be worth speaking to your GP in the first instance who can do some simple memory tests with Dad and make a referral if she/he thinks it is necessary. Having a confirmed diagnosis helps open doors for support.

It is also worth exploring a Lasting Power of Attorney (if you don't already have one) and claiming Attendance Allowance if Dad doesn't already get that to help fund additional support.

All the best. Keep posting Rachel.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
hello @Veritas and a warm welcome to to DTP from me as well...
it’s a friendly and supportive place to exchange experiences
I hope as lockdown becomes less restrictive you will start to receive the help you need and I also hope that you will continue to post for support and advice

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hello @Bumble1977 a warm welcome to DTP from me also
My condolences on the loss of your Mum I’m sure things must be very difficult for you at this time.. I hope the forum can help support you while you come to terms with everything

Veritas

Jun 15, 2020
Hi @Veritas and welcome to the forum.

I’m sorry to hear about your husband’s diagnosis - it must be so much harder during the situation just now.

I’m glad you’ve found the forum and I’m sure you will get lots of help and support here. There’s isn’t an option to like or recommend a post on the forum though.
That's a pity - I've already seen a few posts worthy of it!

Veritas

Jun 15, 2020
hello @Veritas and a warm welcome to to DTP from me as well...
it’s a friendly and supportive place to exchange experiences
I hope as lockdown becomes less restrictive you will start to receive the help you need and I also hope that you will continue to post for support and advice

Status
Not open for further replies.