Welcome to Dementia Talking Point! Find out more and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bioonetoten

Dec 25, 2019
Hi, some meds can cause what is called the serotonin syndrome may be worth inquiring about this if more than one is being prescribed

Bioonetoten

Dec 25, 2019
hi Thanks for the welcome,, I am a latecomer to computers and surprised to find how big and helpful this web site is, my difficulty with it is finding how to frame questions about the most simple things.

Anyone7

Jul 5, 2014
Cheshire
Hello, I don’t really know what to say now that I’m actually typing or if I’m posting in the right place!
Diagnosis hasn’t even been made but I know all is not right with my husband (or is it me?)
Anyway, hello is a start x

nae sporran

Volunteer Host
Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hello, I don’t really know what to say now that I’m actually typing or if I’m posting in the right place!
Diagnosis hasn’t even been made but I know all is not right with my husband (or is it me?)
Anyway, hello is a start x
Hullo and welcome to DTP @Anyone7. Have a wee look round the forums, particularly the one heading memory concerns and seeking a diagnosis or click on https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/forums/memory-concerns-and-seeking-a-diagnosis.26/ and ask any questions you want to in your own time. There are useful factsheets and links at https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/about-dementia/symptoms-and-diagnosis/worried-about-memory-problems.

Anyone7

Jul 5, 2014
Cheshire
Thankyou nae sporran, I will learn to navigate this forum.
It will be good to have somewhere to ‘speak’ and to know others understand.

martybee

Jan 13, 2020
Hi team and forum members, I posted my first post up here today, hope you can give me some helpful advice.

AliP

Jan 15, 2020
Hi don’t know if this is in the right place. I’m new. In UK caring for 90 yr old mother with dementia. My doctor pointed me here... so far I can relate to all the posts I’ve read.... I’m sooooo tired of waking night, the lies, the flares of temper and the disregard shown to me by my mother. X

Shedrech

Volunteer Moderator
Dec 15, 2012
Yorkshire
Hello @AliP
A warm welcome to DTP
and yes, this is the right thread to introduce yourself... and DTP is the right place to come for support and information
Good to know that your GP is clued up and directed you here

KiwiDotty

Jan 17, 2020
Hello @AliP
A warm welcome to DTP
and yes, this is the right thread to introduce yourself... and DTP is the right place to come for support and information
Good to know that your GP is clued up and directed you here
Hi Shedrech, not sure if I was posting in the correct thread for the initial Welcome. So good to be able to connect to others travelling on the same journey as I am with my mother. Appreciate being able to join this forum.

HassyD

Jan 18, 2020
Thank you so much for the lovely welcome. We are so lost as my dad’s dementia seems to have deteriorated really quickly. It’s good to see that we are not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.