Welcome to Dementia Talking Point! Find out more and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revdlin

Dec 21, 2019
Hello
My husband suffers from dementia and it has become very isolating for me in the last year as I cannot go out and leave him apart from a quick trip to the local shop for necessities. My main grocery shop is done online.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome to Dementia Talking Point @Revdlin. I hope you will find the support which may help you feel less isolated.

I also had to depend on on line shopping when it wasn`t safe to leave my husband. It didn't worry me because I don`t enjoy shopping but what was hard was the feeling of being housebound.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome from me too @Revdlin. I’m glad you’ve found the forum. I’m sure you’ll find this a helpful and supportive place to be.

Winklepops

Dec 20, 2019
Hi I'm new to this, my wife is in a nursing home, she has dementia and various other things life Is very lonely not many family members, so I struggle a bit.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hullo and welcome to the forums @Winklepops. You will find support and advice here from many in the same situation. My partner has other problems on top dementia and too, and distant family. Ask away If there's anything specific you need help with, or start your own thread and someone will always be around.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi I'm new to this, my wife is in a nursing home, she has dementia and various other things life Is very lonely not many family members, so I struggle a bit.

Welcome from me too. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of help and support here. Hopefully life will be a little less lonely when you get to know everyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.