Welcome back! Changes to Talking Point after our update

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Don't click, hover to get a drop down of options

Hovering doesn't work but there's now a little 'down arrow' to the right of 'Members' and clicking on that gives a drop down menu showing current visitors.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
just to clarify, with 'links to a previous post' could I check what you're clicking on that is taking you to the first post in a thread?

In post #10 I tried to insert a link to post #8 by clicking on the 8 in #8.
In #10 you can see what happened.
Not been able to repeat, will do some digging.

I never refer to posts by their number in the thread, I always link because is a post is moved any posts below this get renumbered.

The system used to insert the link, it now opens it.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
??‍♀️??

I like the expanded range of emojis but I couldn't find the ability to log in anywhere at the top :confused: It was only when I clicked 'reply' to the above that I received a message saying that I had to sign in, with a link to how I could sign in, that I managed to sign in ?

I couldn't see how to login so went to a thread to do this - which isn't great

I keep myself logged in on phone but not computer as it is 'shared' with husband and son

SophieD

Mar 21, 2018
London
@nitram I see what you mean about clicking on the number of a post and it opening, rather that displaying the link. For now, you can obtain the link by doing this and then copying the URL at the top of the page. Thanks for spotting!

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
@Beate - when you go to 'what's new', the posts that you haven't read yet should be in blue, and the ones you've already read should be in black. I hope that helps, but let us know if that doesn't answer your question.
What's the difference between New Posts and What's New? Seriously confused. All I want is a time-ordered list of all posts!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I see what you mean about clicking on the number of a post and it opening, rather that displaying the link. For now, you can obtain the link by doing this and then copying the URL at the top of the page. Thanks for spotting!

I just wanted to post the link to a previous post, not open the link in the thread.
Let's see what happens with a non DTP link not entered as a link

On preview it opens the link.
Post and preview have swapped over position, preview now under post.

Let's see what happens with a pdf

Good - it does not open.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @SophieD
the URL for a post now seems to be in the rotated v sign to share the post, rather than appearing if you click on the number of the post

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing your comments and feedback. We understand that things may seem strange at the moment - and we're all getting used to the new version, including me! ?

We really appreciate your comments ? and will do everything we can to explore issues and will aim to get things addressed as soon as we can. We're a small team and we'll do our best by starting with the higher priority issues. ?

Some changes are part of the new version and we'll need to address whether critical changes are needed and to consider how to best use our limited technical resource budget ? so it may be possible that we can't change everything. We'll do as much as we can to help mitigate any issues.

Many thanks,

Serena :)

PS I'm liking these emojis. Hope you are too!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
OK
I've got the link from 'share this post'
Now going to post it to refer to a post and see if it opens

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Its adding 'unfurl= "true"

Code:
[URL unfurl="true"]https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/threads/welcome-back-changes-to-talking-point-after-our-update.120524/post-1697348[/URL]

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Is 'recommended thread' the new 'sticky'

Bottom of page of posts in thread has lost warning 'n more posts', have to rely on seeing page number bottom left.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
On the list of latest posts the name of the author and start date of the thread no longer appear.
I noticed that too. I know that when you click on the thread you can see the date it was started, but its useful to be able to see when and who by before you open it.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Small default font

On W10 with both Chrome and Firefox you can increase text size by Ctrl/scroll wheel.

Previously any increase over 100% (shown at top) meant that the Menu Bar slid under the top bar when scrolling through posts. Only title + search should slide.
This magnification limit has increased to 150%

This is being posted in default at 150%

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The solution to inserting a link to a post without it opening is on https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/threads/the-test-thread.104336/post-1697408
Has to be manually opened in browser.

2020-02-13_204148.png

Last edited: