Weird but not complaining

claire83

Jan 11, 2015
Well this week started a bit scary but has ended quite nice! My dad has alzheimers and has just gone down hill so much to the point where we were all unable to understand what he was saying and were struggling to keep him at home. I used to hear people say that you would sometimes see the old person come back but we have never seen this and I never saw vits of my dad ever come through and to be honest I thought he was totally lost altogether. Anyway on Tuesday morning my dad had a seizure. He has never had one before and we have no idea why it happened or if it will ever happen again. Obviously we were all very worried and my mum who was with him at the time was very upset but thankfully he has been fine since. On the day of the seizure he was very quiet which is to be expected but we thought he had taken another dip as very confused and quite grumpy however when he got up yesterday we could not believe the difference!! Although he is still forgetting that he has asked things and keeps repeating things he has been putting sentences together and just seems to know whats going on. He is interested in our dogs again and just seems generally happier! He is back to how he was about a year ago. After having such a fright on Tuesday I feel happy for my mum as she said it was so good to have a nice day with my dad which she hasnt really had since last year. He normally doesnt speak to me and tonight when I came home he was asking me about work. It was really awful that he had the seizure but it's been nice to see a little bit of my dad again! Im always very negative about the whole situation so I just wanted to share a little positive story!

claire83

Jan 11, 2015
I have never heard about such a thing...but how lovely to have your dad back.
Yes its very strange! People would still know he has alzheimers but he just seems so much more aware of whats going on. Although I pray he has no more seizures Im glad we have got to see a vit of the old him again!