Weight loss - how much more?

Hezzy

Sep 6, 2016
Hi, our gran is the same. I have given up telling the family about her episodes of not eating . She goes without eating for 2 days then manages a few spoons of soup. Gran is probably similar weight too. I don't know how long they can go on like this. Very distressing to see

Hi Jag, yes exactly. I am taking a day out today (at work ha!) unless I hear otherwise, I'll be back there over the weekend. you and I are doing all we can and I'm content in that.
Hugs to you.

Hezzy

Sep 6, 2016
So glad you have support and have told your work all you're dealing with...which is an awful lot. I guess we just need to take each day as it comes...easier said than done!! Hope you get a sleep, I've taken next week as a holiday before I fall over! Stay strong❤️️x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Thankfully I did sleep better and that always helps!
Holiday sounds like a good idea, I have been mulling over the calendar and will consider that myself too.
Take care Gwendy. x

Hezzy

Sep 6, 2016
Still enduring

She now has a regular pattern of eating breakfast then sleeping the rest of the time.
When I'm there she sort of raises her eyebrows but that's all for nearly a week now.
I just have this constant uneasiness in my stomach.
The invisible appeared for 20 minutes at the weekend!

Gwendy1

Feb 9, 2016
Glasgow
The constant feeling of uneasiness is horrible. Hope you do get some time off, too much to cope with at once. Every morning I wake up and think, well, the phone didn't ring.. Sadly, it's gone on for months. The worry and stress overshadows everything, even though I fight it, it's always there. Difficult times,thinking of you. X

Hezzy

Sep 6, 2016
The constant feeling of uneasiness is horrible. Hope you do get some time off, too much to cope with at once. Every morning I wake up and think, well, the phone didn't ring.. Sadly, it's gone on for months. The worry and stress overshadows everything, even though I fight it, it's always there. Difficult times,thinking of you. X

Yes absolutely I think that every morning too!
I suppose it's no more likely to ring at night as in the day ha!
I hope you are managing to relax a bit in your time off. As I only work part time I'm not too hard done by really. We do have an actual holiday booked in a few weeks, I can only see what happens day by day I suppose and not worry about that yet.

Toddleo

Oct 7, 2015
Hello Hezzy, just wanted to say Hello, I have read your post, it is so upsetting isn't it. My Mum is now really struggling with food and drink, her BMI is down to around 14.5. It is so difficult, I am ashamed to admit that I wish she would just sleep and not wake up again. My uneasy tummy feeling is there morning noon and night :(

Thinking of you and yours.

toddleo

Hezzy

Sep 6, 2016
Hello Hezzy, just wanted to say Hello, I have read your post, it is so upsetting isn't it. My Mum is now really struggling with food and drink, her BMI is down to around 14.5. It is so difficult, I am ashamed to admit that I wish she would just sleep and not wake up again. My uneasy tummy feeling is there morning noon and night :(

Thinking of you and yours.

toddleo

Hi Toddleo, thanks for you reply.
Totally understand your wishes, I am the same.
Yesterday my mom seemed completely asleep when I went, and hadn't eaten anything yesterday so I am praying for a release soon.
I feel like the tension is building within me. She is now off dementia meds, I can't see that will make any difference now though. I can't seem to focus on anything at all at the moment, but there's nothing I can do in any case. I've spent years caring for her and its like a huge pause, everything is on hold in a new way.

Hezzy

Sep 6, 2016
My mom passed away this morning.
I don't feel the relief I expected, at least not yet.
Hugs to everyone going through this.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Aww... Hezzy, It's a relief, it's so sad......it's numbing....... and my saying "been there" doesn't really help. But I'm thinking of you, with sympathy.x.x.

Toddleo

Oct 7, 2015
Oh Hezzy, bless you, your mum has gone now.

I have not experienced what you are going through (yet), who knows if you will ever feel like the weight has been lifted and if the uneasiness you have been feeling will now leave you?

Grief takes many forms, just breathe and realise that you did just great with your dear mum.

hugs and condolences Toddleo

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
My mom passed away this morning.
I don't feel the relief I expected, at least not yet.
Hugs to everyone going through this.

I'm so sorry for you.

I can well understand that feeling of numbness that it's now 'finally over'. I expect I will feel the same when my mother 'goes' eventually, as I too have been 'on tenderhooks' for months now and can imagine what you've been going through.

Last edited:

Harrys daughter

Jul 12, 2016
Hezzy you have been in my thoughts it's such a sad time and I can understand you not feeling how you expected I do hope you find the next few days easyer we always here for you xxx

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
Hezzy I know how hard this is as I lost my wonderful dad on 14/8. You will just feel numb for a while. Only now am I realising what he went through and how frail he was ( about 5 ish stone) I was in robot mode before. It takes time. Sadly we have to carve out a new normal of not rushing to see them all the time. I am so sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. The relief will come, they are no longer suffering. But I know too well that doesn't make it easier. I wish you strength Hezzy. Take care xx

Gwendy1

Feb 9, 2016
Glasgow
So sorry for your loss,Hezzy. Your mum is at peace now. You did so very well looking after your mum, she knew she was loved, I'm sure. Thinking of you❤️️Xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix77