Weekend

Sweet

Jun 16, 2014
So ...the weekend brought an ambulance to mums CH. Concerns over her breathing, and her circulation but fortunately they prescribed antibiotics and didn't take her to hospital. She has chest and water infection on top of last weeks diagnosis of cancer and of course dementia.

The nurses called me in to talk of End of Care Plan and which funeral directors. I was quite shocked, naively so I guess.

She's pretty unwell, the GP called out again to her this morning, Monday and then in the afternoon found her on the floor in her room.

I've sat with her and cuddled her. I'm thinking the antibiotics will sort chest and water infections. Nurse said some carers at this stage say not bother with antibiotics? I said to continue this time.

If it is end of life I just want her to be pain free... Such a roller coaster ..love my mum xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Sweet, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum. Re the anti biotic question; I was told the same but I also elected for my OH to have the AB's. I think they stop working naturally. I know that Pete couldn't be prescribed two or three because they had stopped working. I wasn't strong enough to say 'no more'-but I wouldn't judge anyone who decided to make that decision.

Thinking of you at this difficult time

Love

Lyn T XX