Wedding update

jeanierec

May 7, 2007
north yorkshire
Morning everybody

Just a quick update on the " wedding dilemma " when to tell mum .....well the deed is done . Emma went to visit her grandmother on Monday evening , I`d warned her that grandma had been really low in spirits for the last 10 days or so , however mum asked Em if she and Alistair were planning on going away anywhere ( sometimes she`s quite uncanny in the questions she asks ) so Em decided to come clean.

The way she put it was to explain that they really just wanted to have a very small wedding which wouldn`t have been possible if they married here so It would be more or less immediate family, she also pulled a master stroke by inferring that Ali`s grandmother had been very difficult ....clever girl !

Mum was absolutely terrific and was so excited for them saying that it was their day and they should do whatever makes them happy . She wants to buy Emma a special piece of jewellry for her to wear on her wedding day and we`ll have a celebration when they come home.

I`m so relieved its out in the open and we can talk about wedding stuff like any other family would. I have to praise her generous spirit , at no time and in no way did she feel sorry for herself or say " what about me " she`s never been possessive and thankfully that part of her is still very much still there.

So I might even start looking for " the outfit " just need to drop about 2 stone in the next week or two.......no problem !!!

Seeing mums psychiatrist tomorrow , just a routine visit I think to check the medication is suiting her , and I`m planning on going back to work next week so perhaps I`m finally taking everything a bit more in my stride.

Not such a quick update after all.

Love Jeanie x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Jeannie

What a lovely post! Good news all round, your daughter and mum have both been so thoughtful and generous to each other, you must be so proud of them both.

Just the two stone then!:D If you make it, please PM me your diet, it's just what I need!

Good luck with work. You don't need luck for the wedding, it'll be lovely.

Thanks for the post,

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Jeanie,

It just goes to show how what you dread most, can turn out all right in the end. You sound absolutely bouyant, as if the worries of the world have been lifted from your shoulders.

Now enjoy the wedding preparations and anticipation like all mothers should.

Lovely news.

Love xx

Last edited:

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
What lovely news!

Jeanie,
Your daughter was very wise in coming clean. Yes, that was a master stroke to imply the other grandmother had been difficult! And now your mother is participating by buying her granddaughter a special piece of jewelry for her wedding day, which I'm sure your daughter will treasure.

A wonderful situation all around.

Joanne