Wedding Anniversary at the care facility

di65

Feb 28, 2013
new zealand
Today was our 47th wedding anniversary:)
The staff at the facility decided to ask me for lunch and prepared a lovely table in the conservatory with flowers and sparkly confetti on the table. They poured me a glass of wine and a glass of beer for Lex:) He was a bit nonplussed as to the occasion, but joined in the fun anyway. It made the day a little lighter for me, as this is the first anniversary with him in care.
Later a couple of friends called and picked me up and took me to the local garden centre for afternoon tea, so I had no time to go home and feel sorry for myself. Thank goodness for true friends :):)

Attachments

• IMG_1340.JPG
    IMG_1340.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
The staff at the facility decided to ask me for lunch and prepared a lovely table in the conservatory with flowers and sparkly confetti on the table. They poured me a glass of wine and a glass of beer for Lex:) He was a bit nonplussed as to the occasion, but joined in the fun anyway. It made the day a little lighter for me, as this is the first anniversary with him in care.
Later a couple of friends called and picked me up and took me to the local garden centre for afternoon tea, so I had no time to go home and feel sorry for myself. Thank goodness for true friends :):)

So pleased you were able to enjoy your wedding anniversary with Lex and what a loving CH to have arranged it for you. It's not easy the first one, our's was last July and Robert had only been away a month. Not sure he realised what we were celebrating. As you say thank goodness for friends that helped you over the day. Take care love disi xxx

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden

Just seen the photo, it's really lovely and a real treasure to keep. xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Happy Anniversary. The photo is lovely.

Attachments

• wine and flowers.jpg
    wine and flowers.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 427

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Happy anniversary.
What a lovely home to go that trouble.
Our golden wedding was 8 weeks after my husband went into a nursing home straight from 8 months in hospital and nobody in the home knew about it.
I took in a cake but he could only have a little slice as he was a diabetic and I left it for the other residents.
My husband wasn't aware of the occasion so it was rather a sad day.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Care staff can be so very kind on special occasions. You both look as though you enjoyed your day. Memories, even bitter sweet ones are so very important.

xxTina

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Helli di sorry l missed you post the other day, Happy Anniversary, the care home looks lovely, so kind of them, l have dinner at the home with my hubby, they always make a table up just for us, they are so good, we always have a glass of sherry on a Sunday.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
What a lovely photo Heidi; both of you look as though you are enjoying yourselves. I love reading accounts of good CH's:)

Love,

Lyn T XX

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
This is a lovely photo - and the care facility looks really nice too. Glad you had a lovely afternoon at the garden centre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx This disease is so hard xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx