Wedding Anniversary at the care facility

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by di65, Jan 25, 2016.

1. di65

di65 Registered User

Feb 28, 2013
    new zealand
    #1 di65, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    Today was our 47th wedding anniversary:)
    The staff at the facility decided to ask me for lunch and prepared a lovely table in the conservatory with flowers and sparkly confetti on the table. They poured me a glass of wine and a glass of beer for Lex:) He was a bit nonplussed as to the occasion, but joined in the fun anyway. It made the day a little lighter for me, as this is the first anniversary with him in care.
    Later a couple of friends called and picked me up and took me to the local garden centre for afternoon tea, so I had no time to go home and feel sorry for myself. Thank goodness for true friends :):)

Attached Files:

2. disi

disi Registered User

So pleased you were able to enjoy your wedding anniversary with Lex and what a loving CH to have arranged it for you. It's not easy the first one, our's was last July and Robert had only been away a month. Not sure he realised what we were celebrating. As you say thank goodness for friends that helped you over the day. Take care love disi xxx

3. disi

disi Registered User

Just seen the photo, it's really lovely and a real treasure to keep. xx

4. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Happy Anniversary. The photo is lovely.

Attached Files:

5. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    Aw, how lovely of the care home! Happy anniversary.

6. Saffie

Saffie Registered User

Mar 26, 2011
    Female
    Near Southampton
    Happy anniversary.
    What a lovely home to go that trouble.
    Our golden wedding was 8 weeks after my husband went into a nursing home straight from 8 months in hospital and nobody in the home knew about it.
    I took in a cake but he could only have a little slice as he was a diabetic and I left it for the other residents.
    My husband wasn't aware of the occasion so it was rather a sad day.

7. Scarlett123

Scarlett123 Registered User

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    A lovely photo, and what a lovely Care Home! Happy Anniversary to you both xxx

8. LynneMcV

LynneMcV Volunteer Moderator

May 9, 2012
    south-east London
    How lovely of the CH to organise this and what a lovely photo. I am glad to hear you had such a lovely day xxx

9. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    Im glad you had a lovely day with a supportive CH and good friends. What a wonderful photo :)

10. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    Happy anniversary. Gorgeous photo.

11. Caz60

Caz60 Registered User

Jul 24, 2014
    Lancashire
    How lovely a beautiful memory to keep forever .Happy Anniversary.xx

12. TinaT

TinaT Registered User

Sep 27, 2006
    Bolton
    Care staff can be so very kind on special occasions. You both look as though you enjoyed your day. Memories, even bitter sweet ones are so very important.

xxTina

13. pamann

pamann Registered User

Oct 28, 2013
    Kent
    Helli di sorry l missed you post the other day, Happy Anniversary, the care home looks lovely, so kind of them, l have dinner at the home with my hubby, they always make a table up just for us, they are so good, we always have a glass of sherry on a Sunday.

14. LYN T

LYN T Registered User

Aug 30, 2012
    Brixham Devon
    What a lovely photo Heidi; both of you look as though you are enjoying yourselves. I love reading accounts of good CH's:)

Love,

Lyn T XX

15. fizzie

fizzie Registered User

Jul 20, 2011
    This is a lovely photo - and the care facility looks really nice too. Glad you had a lovely afternoon at the garden centre
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx This disease is so hard xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx