1. Expert Q&A: Living well as a carer - Thurs 29 August, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of the person you care for will often come before your own. You may experience a range of difficult emotions and you may not have the time to do all the things you need to do. Caring can have a big impact on both your mental and physical health, as well as your overall wellbeing.

Angelo, our Knowledge Officer (Wellbeing) is our expert on this topic. He will be here to answer your questions on Thursday 29 August between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. Pedro1969

Pedro1969 New member

Jul 18, 2019
    My neighbour has dementia and alzeimers. Aside from what I can see in her behaviours and what I can read of, I know little about the condition. However, I am hoping to learn more about everyday in/abilities in the hope of developing technical assistance aids which could help the user. So, if ou could give me working examples of everyday tasks which are common with the condition, then hopefully we will be able to help you.

2. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    If you take time to browse around the various forums on DTP https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/ you will find many examples of the problems that PWD (people with dementia) and their carers encounter.
    I am sure that any 'technical assistance aids' that you are able to develop will be appreciated.