We think it is Christmas Eve today

Raine34

Nov 26, 2009
i find myself chuckling bless my mil, first conversation she has taken her xmas cards down, xmas is over she tells us not 5 mins later she is telling us that there wasn't many people shopping on xmas eve, and shall we be visiting tomorrow as it is xmas day.:eek: the alzheimers nurse tells us not to worry and just go along, we have tried tody to explain to her that from next week carers are going in everyday to make sure she eats and we are arranging day care for her, she was hving none of it!!!! it is so difficult i'm 34 and going through hell. we have only been married 2 years and in that time have lost my beloved dad at the age of 56 and cope with my mil with dementia great start to married life, have to admit i do find this site helpful and there are a lot of lovely people out there to help me through it, i just know 2010 is going to be just has hard as this year and 2008.:(

ella24

Nov 9, 2008
South Coast UK
I do understand. In the 4 minute journey from my brother's house back to her CH on Christams Day, my gran forgot it was Christmas. She couldnt understand why the other ladies in the CH were wearing cracker hats.....

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Well you do have to chuckle sometimes. This was a three way conversation we had yesterday.

I am just taking .... to the station
Why?
He's going home to day?
Oh.
Goodbye then, see you soon.
Are you going somewhere?
Yes, I'm going home.
Oh.
So see you soon then. Goodbye.
Are you going out?
Yes, I'm taking .... to the station.
Why?