We survived

panda

Apr 16, 2006
Surrey
:) Well we survived our holidat [only just. Day one mum has lost her money she got out of the bank to spend so first thing is go get her some more, i was looking forward to getting away so did not let this small hiccup put me off. Then we got stuck on the M25 for 6 hours in the worst traffic jam I have ever seen. Thank god for the wonderful people I met on the moterway, they all rallied round as people do in a disaster. Someone had made coffee and could obviously see the look on my mum,s face ,she has a look that could turn you to stone. I think we must be decendants of Medussa.He gaveher a big mug of coffee but they had no milk, I had milk in the back of the car so shared with others. The kids thought it was great to be able to walk around on the moterway, I was concerned that Mum was giong to start playing up because she kept asking me why the idiot in front of us would not move. I explained that there had been a terrible accident twelve times but she insisted it was "Him in front" In the end she decided it was all agreat adventure. Nine hours later we arrived. Mum would not let the kids watch tv, go off and play or even eat a packet of crisps because they were too noisy. I cooked cleaned ,drove to different places all of which she did not want to spend long at. She got up at six each morning and watched my bedroom door until I got up and I was not even allowed to go to the toilet without her asking where I was giong. BUT my kids were angels they went along with all the madness and Mum remembers it as being a great time so I consider it a success. Today I am having a day to mysself to recover .......and my brother has just rang me to say Mum has phoned him to say she has spent the whole day looking at her walls with not a soul to talk to AGGGGG!!!!

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
wow ............... if that's what you call a holiday Panda ....... take me back to work :eek:

seriously, though, congratulations on your survival and that of your mum and kids :cool: perhaps "him in front" also needs congratulations or a bravery award.

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
well done panda on what seems a very stressfull holiday!!:eek:
can i ask will you do it again next year:D :rolleyes:

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Well done, Panda!

They say 'a change is as good as a rest', huh?:rolleyes:

My outreach worker explained to me this week that it doesn't matter so much that mum can't remember where we've been when we've been out - she will have some memory of 'something nice' - or just her enjoyment at the time is enough.....

You've done everyone proud! And thanks for the up-date - great that you can recount it with such humour - you must have been frazzled at times!

Hope you DID get a lot out of it yourself (in hindsight/recovery mode!!!!) - if only your pride in your kids and especially yourself!!!!!

Well done again,

Much love, Karen (TF), x

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Well done Panda.
Reading your post made me think of my impending holiday with mum. I hope we don't break down on the motorway; you sound like you handled it really well, all things considered!

Enjoy your 'rest' day today.

:)

panda

Apr 16, 2006
Surrey
At this moment in time I am thinking never again....but once I unwind.. well who knows maybe I will take mum on her own for a weekend and do something seperate with the children I think that would be kinder to all concerned including me!!