We need a straight answer!

Mousehill

Nov 28, 2018
I drive over to look after mum every day. My husband drives over to the food production business he runs in partnership with his father, who is over 70 and self-isolating. Nobody else lives or works on the premises. We would like to move into a currently unoccupied house on the business premises, to save travel and because in the next few weeks I will be needed there as well to help with the crop. The plan would be to leave our home and move there, but on the way there and back, I could call into our real house and have a shower and change of clothing, so I'd be reducing the risk. The doctor who have mum her diagnosis says this would be fine, but I can't find any official guidance. We'd be borrowing a van, but that would be left empty for 72 hours before my OH took it and moving a few basic items of furniture into the empty house. It would save so much driving back and forth and reducing the houses from 3 to 2.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
Seems a good plan, I think the government were asking people to avoid the traditional house move, removal men etc.

You are reducing exposure to all parties I would go for it, though do it quickly as rules may change

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I agree, it seems sensible and as there is nothing to forbid it, I would go for it.

Agreed, though, that the rules may change.

Mousehill

Nov 28, 2018
We're going ahead in a few weeks' time when the workload peaks with the crop. Instead of borrowing a van, we're going to live in a caravan that is already on site and just pretend we're on holiday :D