We Must have Hope

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
WE MUST HAVE HOPE MY FRIENDS (My Analogy)
As I sat in the garden, with the evening sun going down I noticed how the sunlight danced on the heads of all our flowering rudbeckias. it shone through our apple trees, the lights dappling and swaying along the back border in time with the branches. The sun peeped its wondrous head over the top and i sat and watched as it dipped lower in the sky.
The colors changed before my eyes as the dimming darkness crept up, silently and with no warning, covering the tops of the trees with the shade that had only been lit up in sunlight minutes before. a breeze swept through, only a small one but enough to make the temperature down a little and i shivered.
It was reminding me of something but i could just think what it was?
Then, 20 minutes or so later the Plants were beginning to be covered by shade, and one by one, it was if someone had switched their light off and their heads drooped. I watched, with impending doom as the garden itself started to become dark and ominous and soon realized what i thought i was watching. The darkness crept in silently and would eventually cover all, just like dementia does, silently as it marches on with nothing to stop it, and as sure as the world turns this will always happen until they find a cure.
I came into the house and sat in my chair, desperately trying to find something positive about this as I always do, then it hit me.
In the morning the dawn light will arrive again, and light things up, it will shine down on all that is good, warm us, comfort us lead us to a brand new day before the darkness arrives again.
This is our HOPE,, The DAWN of every day, this is our CURE, A NEW DAY, and I believe every day we are one day closer to a cure
WE MUST HAVE HOPE DEAR FRIENDS
WE MUST HAVE HOPE
Norms (Diagnosed with dementia )

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Beautiful words @Norrms . Your analogy brought me to tears, of sadness and of hope.

If half of the money that has been spent on cancer research was spent on dementia research perhaps that cure would come sooner rather than later. Please don't get me wrong, I have had cancer and was grateful for the treatment that I received and the knowledge of the doctors and other staff, but I do think that more money needs to be spent on dementia research.

Angel 4

Jan 27, 2022
Essex
As I sat in the garden, with the evening sun going down I noticed how the sunlight danced on the heads of all our flowering rudbeckias. it shone through our apple trees, the lights dappling and swaying along the back border in time with the branches. The sun peeped its wondrous head over the top and i sat and watched as it dipped lower in the sky.
The colors changed before my eyes as the dimming darkness crept up, silently and with no warning, covering the tops of the trees with the shade that had only been lit up in sunlight minutes before. a breeze swept through, only a small one but enough to make the temperature down a little and i shivered.
Then, 20 minutes or so later the Plants were beginning to be covered by shade, and one by one, it was if someone had switched their light off and their heads drooped. I watched, with impending doom as the garden itself started to become dark and ominous and soon realized what i thought i was watching. The darkness crept in silently and would eventually cover all, just like dementia does, silently as it marches on with nothing to stop it, and as sure as the world turns this will always happen until they find a cure.
I came into the house and sat in my chair, desperately trying to find something positive about this as I always do, then it hit me.
In the morning the dawn light will arrive again, and light things up, it will shine down on all that is good, warm us, comfort us lead us to a brand new day before the darkness arrives again.
This is our HOPE,, The DAWN of every day, this is our CURE, A NEW DAY, and I believe every day we are one day closer to a cure
WE MUST HAVE HOPE
This is so beautifully written…❤️
Thank you for sharing

annieka 56

Aug 8, 2022
WE MUST HAVE HOPE

annieka 56

Aug 8, 2022
You are a wonderful writer! Have you always been a writer...?
I do wonder what everyone on here did in their earlier years.