Waving a paw saying Hello!

CynthsDaugh

May 5, 2015
Salford, Lancashire
Been looking on TP a bit recently and thought better join & say hello! I'm carer to my 80yr old Mum who has mixed dementia and also mobility problems due to crushed vertebrae and osteoarthritis. She moved in up here with me in August last year following a fall, which knocked her both physically and memory wise, and she asked to move in! (I had said for years if she ever wanted to....). Taken a bit of getting used to after living on my own for 20 years but getting there, she goes to a care home on a daycare basis so dropping her off and picking her up on my way to and from work is complete role reversal!

Anyway thats me, I'll probably be along again soon!

Sally

Last edited:

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
Hello and welcome, you will find everyone on TP very helpful, I have got a huge amount of information from members posts. I also share a house with my mum who is 81 and has early AD.

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
A quick welcome from me too.

I hope and expect you'll find TP helpful to you and your Mum. Personally I've found it invaluable - information, support and practical advice all in one package!

CynthsDaugh

May 5, 2015
Salford, Lancashire
Thanks for the welcomes! I'm sure I'll be looking here for info & advice as everyone seems so supportive and helpful, and you never know I hope I'll be able to give back and give some advice/ experiences too.