Waves of emotion

Johnsy1

Feb 12, 2015
Mum has had mixed dementia for 3 years and I have cared for her. She has lived in her own home until 12 weeks ago where she was sectioned due to behavioural problems. She is still there and here dementia has got worse. She has had 2 falls since being there one causing her to be in hospital 5 days with a small bleed. Who knows whats going to happen. Reality is that no way can she go home but at the minute still not totally stabilised, She has lost weight and now on supplements, doesn't sleep great at night although she has calmed a bit on the Risperidone (although I am not a fan!!!). Christmas is coming up and it looks like being the first Christmas ever .....and I am 55 that we have not had Christmas dinner with her. For the past 8 years since dad died she has stayed with us for 4 days. At the minute I am so stressed, emotional and cant stop crying (feel such a whimp). Does anyone else feel like this???

This is such a cruel disease.

Sterling

Jun 20, 2013
My mum is also in hospital after being sectioned and I am not sure what will be in place for her by Christmas. I have found this to be a huge roller coaster and it has been quite overwhelming!! I was even crying whilst doing Christmas shopping in town yesterday. If you find anything that helps please say and I will do likewise but I can say that I have found this site to be very helpful with lots of understanding people.

Johnsy1

Feb 12, 2015
Thank you for your reply. I will let you know if I find anything that helps. Rollercoaster is deffo the right word. We all know life goes on.....and it does.........but it`s difficult.

Take care xxx

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Mum has had mixed dementia for 3 years and I have cared for her. She has lived in her own home until 12 weeks ago where she was sectioned due to behavioural problems. She is still there and here dementia has got worse. She has had 2 falls since being there one causing her to be in hospital 5 days with a small bleed. Who knows whats going to happen. Reality is that no way can she go home but at the minute still not totally stabilised, She has lost weight and now on supplements, doesn't sleep great at night although she has calmed a bit on the Risperidone (although I am not a fan!!!). Christmas is coming up and it looks like being the first Christmas ever .....and I am 55 that we have not had Christmas dinner with her. For the past 8 years since dad died she has stayed with us for 4 days. At the minute I am so stressed, emotional and cant stop crying (feel such a whimp). Does anyone else feel like this???

This is such a cruel disease.

Hi Johnsy I can totally sympathize with you my husband was sectioned earlier this year he was stabilized after a couple of months and became much calmer like your mum he didn't sleep much but that settled down and is now in a care home this will be the first Christmas in 42 years that we have been apart and I find myself very weepy at times let yourself cry and remember it's not your mum's fault it's this awful illness.
I have found TP a great comfort as everyone understands what you are going through w

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian.Hogan