1. Warner

Warner Registered User

Aug 14, 2017
    My dad has asked me to find a really comfortable waterproof mattress protector for my mum. There are so many on the market I wondered if anyone was using one that they could recommend. He doesn't want one that feels like plastic. Thanks.

2. Jessbow

Jessbow Registered User

Do you have a Dun Elmm Near? They do a selection

3. Warner

Warner Registered User

Aug 14, 2017
    Thanks Jessbow. Unfortunately it's a long drive to their nearest store.

4. Nigel_2172

Nigel_2172 Registered User

Aug 8, 2017
    Shropshire
    Age UK do a good range and you can buy them without VAT. We used these - https://www.ageukincontinence.co.uk...91-x-91cm-with-tuck-in-flaps-3000ml-pink.html and found them to do the job well. A quick wash and they were good to go again. You could also try https://www.incontinencechoice.co.u...raw-sheets/washable-bed-pads-draw-sheets.html (used them because they are very local!) Waterproof mattresses (rather than covers) all seem to come encased in plastic which you still feel and hear despite all sorts of covers.

5. reedysue

reedysue Registered User

Nov 4, 2014
    Scotland
  6. marionq

marionq Registered User

Apr 24, 2013
    Female
    Scotland
    O
    I found that to protect a new mattress I needed a protector that went right over the whole mattress, then a mattress protector on top like a sheet, then kylie sheets turned lengthwise and tucked under the pillow. If the person pees upwards a pillow protector is also needed. Nappy type pads which fasten with velcro eventually are needed. Finally I bought zip up the back pyjamas so the pad couldn’t be Removed.

If @Izzy is reading this then she is very good at posting links. Once I had all this in place I found I didn’t get so rattled by wet beds.

7. KEB

KEB New member

May 13, 2018
    Please review Target’s items. We live in the US and have waterproof protectors for our mattress. Best wishes for every success.

8. Normaleila

Normaleila Registered User

Jun 4, 2016
    I bought a quilted waterproof mattress protector from Dunelm. Doesn't rustle like some. Just in case of accidents so don't know how much it can absorb. You can buy from Dunelm online and have goods delivered.

9. Warner

Warner Registered User

Aug 14, 2017
    Thanks so much for all your help. I will order a Dunelm one online.