water infection

pins tony

Oct 20, 2014
bristol
Hi to all those on TP.i just wanted to give you all a update on my lovely wife June.the doctor was called in yesterday and confirmed that she has a water infection.she is now on antibiotics lets hope it helps because she is very poorly at present.eyes closed but not really asleep.anyway hopefully the medication will help her
.all of you take care my friends and thanks for reading my message it seems to help just writing it down.good night

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Hello Pinstony,

I do hope the antibiotics help June quickly, and that she begins to rally soon.

It is amazing just how poorly something seemingly as minor as a water infection can make someone with dementia (and those without too!).

But its always such a worry when we see the deterioration whilst they are unwell - I know you visit June so often, and it must upset you a great deal to see her like that.

I hope you manage to get a reasonable night's sleep :)

pins tony

Oct 20, 2014
bristol
thanks

Hello Pinstony,

I do hope the antibiotics help June quickly, and that she begins to rally soon.

It is amazing just how poorly something seemingly as minor as a water infection can make someone with dementia (and those without too!).

But its always such a worry when we see the deterioration whilst they are unwell - I know you visit June so often, and it must upset you a great deal to see her like that.

I hope you manage to get a reasonable night's sleep :)

Thanks for message kind of you to take the trouble.I slept not to bad last night.I am in local pub having a late breakfast before I see June later fingers crossed she will open her lovely blue eyes Thanks

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Tony thinking of you and June, hopefully the antibiotics will start to do their work very soon for you xxx

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Pins tony, I'm very sorry to hear that June has an infection and hope she gets relief from the medication soon. At least you got a bit of sleep last night. We are thinking of you both.

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Hoping June is starting to improve. Take care of yourself and try to get some rest - you want to look well for her when she does next open her eyes to give you a nice smile again.

pins tony

Oct 20, 2014
bristol
medication

Hi to you on TP.my lovely wife June was slightly better yesterday I did manage to get her a open her eyes and to drink some water.BUT.i was told she's not on antibiotics yet mix up at pharmacy.I saw manager of home and in 1hour June had her antibiotics.I sometimes think that the doctors think they our only old dears in a nursing home?they were all young once sometime l despair why z
do we have to fight so hard for our loved ones.and what happens if they have no one goodbye for now.take care

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Oh Tony, how maddening - always having to chase up what should be straight forward...

Sorry that poor June has not had the medication as quickly as she should, and that you've had yet more stress.

You deserve a peaceful night - a wee nip might be in order for us all! ;)

pins tony

Oct 20, 2014
bristol
Drink

Oh Tony, how maddening - always having to chase up what should be straight forward...

Sorry that poor June has not had the medication as quickly as she should, and that you've had yet more stress.

You deserve a peaceful night - a wee nip might be in order for us all! ;)

Thanks for ideal of a drink.you talked me into it.I don't need much arm talking to get my to have a nip or two good night to all on T P xx

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
I will join you in one, Tony - could just fancy a G and T. Do hope you will find June a lot better very soon, and that you have a good night.

pins tony

Oct 20, 2014
bristol
nip

Hi to everyone on T P.think I will try to get to sleep now 12 40am.i have had a couple of port and lemon not my usual drink but it was a birthday present from August.take care all of you my good friends