waste of time

panda

Apr 16, 2006
Surrey
Thank you all for your support I especialy like the hugxx:) I went to see Mum yesterday morning, I took the children with me thinking it may go a bit easier with them there, I could not of been more WRONG. :mad: Mum was going mad she called terrible things and said she was going to call the police to get her out. she said there is no way in the world she will stay there it is full of old people (she is only 67) she kept telling me that they made her sick when they eat...she then marched me into the room where every one sits and pointed at certain people and said things like "look at the state of her" I was horrified and said if she did not stop I would leave I was so embarrased and those poor people she was talking about. I could not go back today I have spent the day changing round all the rooms in my house (something I do when very upset). My aunt went today and Mum spent the whole visit telling her how evil I am my poor aunt tried to talk to her but Mum was having none of it. I did ring the home and they had already noticed there was a problem and are trying to move mum to a different part where there are some younger residents she will be able to eat with. My fear is that she will be so nasty they will not let her stay when her six week assessment comes up and I am not going to be able to visit her because she is so nasty.My daughters have said they do not want to go again and I cant blame them

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Gosh what a nightmare, just know that your doing the right thing.

I know the feeling as in when my daughter confided something to me after the event this week she told me that she could not tell me before because I had so many problems already in caring for my brother and mother .

Only when she was in so much pain and I took her to A&E did she tell me. So just keep telling yourself you done the right thing for you and your children future, as this disease only get worse

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Panda

What a horrible experience for all of you. I don't have any words of wisdom, I'm afraid, except to say not visiting for a while is probably a good idea. Unfortunately, if they won't section her, and she continues to refuse to stay there, eventually they'll have to let her return home, which is not going to be good for anyone. This must be so hard for you, and I just want to say that you have my admiration for continuing to stick with it.

Jennifer

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Panda, I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time with your mum. You don't deserve the treatment you're getting.

In your shoes, I'd be tempted not to visit for a while, to see if the staff can settle her down. Hard, I know, but they're paid to take the verbal abuse, and you have your family to consider. I'd keep the children away until things improve.

I do hope she sttles down soon. Keep us posted.

Love,