1. CynthsDaugh

CynthsDaugh Registered User

May 5, 2015
    Salford, Lancashire
    Mums always had indoor bathroom/toilet from when she was little, and daily shower since early 1980s when we had one installed. Think I'll try gently asking if she wants some help tomorrow morning, she's usually quite good at accepting if not asking.

2. Sad Misty

Sad Misty Registered User

Jun 8, 2015
    Sounds like an excellent idea dear :)

3. Linbrusco

Linbrusco Registered User

Mar 4, 2013
    Female
    Auckland...... New Zealand
    Mum is the oldest of 7, growing up in a coal mining town in Scotland in the 1940's.
    Baths were once a week shared with another sister, clothes were worn several days at a time, and she shared a bed with 2 other sisters :)

So far though Mum is still having 2 baths, or a bath & a shower a day.
    I think its more because there is so much she can't do, she gets Dad to run the bath for as she enjoys sitting in the warm water, and is often in there for an hour :eek:
    However there was a certain smell about her at times, and we have discovered shes just not washing her hair very often. So now keeping track of what days. Its not that she doesn't know how, she just forgets to do it.

Although Mum & Dad live behind us, if I was there 24/7 I would probably discover the true extent of what Mum is or isn't doing :eek:
    She is starting to look more and more dishevelled when going out, and if its somewhere important, I now have to tell her what to wear and give her hair a comb, and tell he to wear her shoes instead sandals.. It's winter here.