1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Was the doctor right?

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by debbiea, Jun 5, 2006.

1. debbiea

debbiea Registered User

May 22, 2006
    My Mum lost the ability to talk properly on Saturday (just slurred noises come out). This is about the third time it has happened. My sister had the doctor out but he said it was probably a mild stroke and he wouldn't do anything as she has a brain scan scheduled for Tuesday. Her speech eventually came back but went off again on the evening. My sister phoned the emergency doctor who wouldn't come out and gave much the same reply as the first doctor. Again her speech came back after an hour or so. I thought if they suspected a stroke they told you to take the person straight to hospital. I live 300 miles away so I wasn't there but my sister put Mum on the phone and her voice was really slurred.

2. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    Yes I find it strange, that your mum was not taken to the hospital. if she till worried ,get a taxi & go to your local A&E or call NHS direct , I always fine them, really helpful & can give good advice in telling what to do for the best for your mum.