1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Warning - New COP documents have been introduced

Discussion in 'Legal and financial issues' started by Emily M, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Emily M

Emily M Registered User

Jan 20, 2015
    #1 Emily M, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    I have just found out that the format for some Court of Protection forms has changed and after 2 November 2015 the old format will not be accepted.

The following note appeared in small print at the bottom of a letter I recently received from the COP:-

"As from Monday 2 November 2015 the court will only accept the new court forms (introduced 1st July 2015) and cheques made payable to HMCTS or HM Courts & Tribunals Service. Any applications made on the old forms and any sent with a cheque made out to a different party will be returned"

This includes COP1, Court of Protection Application Form and COP1A, Annex A Supporting information for property and affairs applications. The website below shows a full list of the Court of Protection forms that have been affected by the changes. I don't think this link will work so you will have to type the address or cut and paste it.

http://pic.legal/court-of-protection-july-2015-update/

2. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    Thanks for sharing that Emily.

Your link works perfectly :)

3. Emily M

Emily M Registered User

Jan 20, 2015
    Thanks for the feedback canary.

4. Pete R

Pete R Registered User

Jul 26, 2014
    Staffs
  5. Emily M

Emily M Registered User

Jan 20, 2015
    Thanks Pete.

Pure chance that I spotted it - it should be as a header at the top of the letter. I had a sudden panic that COP3, Section 2, that the GP signed might be out of date if we didn't send the forms off quickly, and that it would have to be done again. It doesn't look like that one is affected if my link is correct.