Wanted: Strong brick wall to bang head against

hendy

Feb 20, 2008
West Yorkshire
Dear Burf and everyone with a dad/mum and a family to bring up,

I've just caught up with your thread, and all i can say is I'm really sorry that you are having such a tough time getting Dad to accept any help. I remember well when I had to sort dads 'admin' and 'everything else' on top of being traumatised and having a young family, 6 month old baby and 5 year old, trying to keep my business going etc etc. I remember the late night car drives from hospital distraught(still have those 5 years later). Setting up EPA's, filing SA forms, selling houses. Silblings doing 'ugger all. All of it awful, but Dad was able to accept help. Then having to learn how to manage long term stress ( or not managing it very well on occasions) I'm still reeling from it all. Somehow we have to learn to prioritise!! Impossible. I dont manage perfectly, occasionaly things go pear shaped but we just do what we can. Thats all we can do.
Can I borrow your wall?, mine's all fallen down!!
take care
hendy

burfordthecat

Jan 9, 2008
Leicestershire
Hi Hendy

Brick wall wanted, try this one....kindly given to me by Helen but I'm sure that she will not mind if I share....we are all friends together here.

dash2.gif

Take care of yourself, we're all in the same boat.

Love Burf x x

Short girl

Mar 22, 2008
Hi Hendy
[Setting up EPA's, filing SA forms, selling houses.

Absolute nightmare - including phoning utility companies to request DD's being set up!! I know that I've got my Nan sorted on that side and got her all her eligible entitlements - I am fortunate to work am area where knowledge is required on these things - but it's an absolute nightmare for those who don't. Incidently I've sent off the EPA to the Office of Public Guardian for registration about a month ago and haven't heard anything, but the cheque's been cashed - I wonder how long this process take as I sent them the EPA to be 'embrossed or stamped or whatever it is that's needed once registered (anyone advise here?).

Silblings doing 'ugger all.
Quite common this one!! My Uncle and Aunt are too far aware so it's couldn't and wouldn't and the assumption is that I can handle it because I work in an older people's team.

Anyway I am so glad to have TP - I feel I can get through a crisis when Nan's bad and my husband is ugger all support when his depression is bad. My life is full of D's - dementia, depression, despair and sometimes the verge of Divorce! TP is a saviour!