Wandering

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Nice one Margarita - although I agree with Jennifer - rather conjured up an improvement on 'electronic tagging' - which brought me back to feeling the only way to keep mum safe now and in the future is to treat her like a prisoner.....

Or else 'label' her? And I'm afraid there I just got visions of Paddington Bear - 'found wearing only a hat and a label...... ' :(

Checked out the Factsheets today on the back of being prompted to keep trying to keep one step ahead (thanks Maria and all!) and found the link to MedicAlert? Anyone have experience of using them?

Love, Karen, x

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
I hope she won't get too confused being in a different country.

My mother always said she was not wandering, she was going for a walk, she remembered where she'd been and took her handbag containing her passport just in case she forgot her name and address.

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hiya Maggie

This has nothing to do with the original thread, but it reminded me of a nightmare i had last week, where i went to the dentist, had a filling and later realised the dentist had put a tagging device into the filling!.........this device also recorded everything i said! ..........it was like a form of big brother, someone knowing my movements and everything i said.........quite scarey!.............just goes to show what a vivid imagination i have even with the little amount of sleep i get:D

Love Alex x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Must be the week for "dental dreams". 2 nights ago I dreamt that someone slapped my face (who, I can't remember) The slap didn't hurt, but all my teeth fell out - tinkle, tinkle.

Jennifer

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Hi Lila, perhaps when I try to empathise with mum's dementia world I should imagine myself in deepest, darkest Peru?;)

Love Karen, x

panda

Apr 16, 2006
Surrey
My Stepdad died last year and mum started to go out wandering, one time she was brought home on a milk float. She was found miles away. But it did stop so it may be a phase attached to their grief. Good luck I know how you feel

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hiya Jennifer

That reminds me of when i was a child, i got my teeth stuck in the washing machine!:D.........you really wouldn't want to know how!:D :D put it down to being inquisitive!.........the fire brigade came, dismantled the whole washing machine, pulling most of my teeth out in the process, then put me in the front of the fire engine cab and rushed me to the dentist.......lights flashing!

With me it was more a case of ...........my head was spinning:D :D :D

Luckily they were just my baby teeth!

Love Alex x

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
Lila 13....I am not taking Mum to Spain..that would be far too much for her. Me and my daughter have been planning the move for a good few years..before Mum was diagnosed. I have beaten myself up over whether we should still go but Social Workers etc have all said I should continue with the plans....its a hard decision..but I do have another sister locally...whether she will step up fully I don't know. I have to think about my daughter too...guilt is such a horrible thing isnt it?

M

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi M
I think you've had excellent advice......if you stayed here I think in years to come you'd so regret it.....and your mum certainly wouldn't have wanted you to alter your plans.
i know you've done so much for both your parents and i think its time for someone else to chip in a bit.....
go for it girl and kick the guilt monster where it hurts!!!!!
love xx

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
Sorry I misunderstood that bit.

It didn't help that doctors said there was nothing wrong with my mother (when she was "going out for a walk" or "going to sit at the bottom of the garden" in her nightie on frosty evenings), legally she had a perfect right, so I had no right to stop her.

Lila

maria29al said:
Lila 13....I am not taking Mum to Spain..that would be far too much for her.

M