Wandering outside at night

Spiderpig

May 27, 2015
Morning everyone,

I hope all is as OK as possible for everyone so far today,

I'm terrified of my mum wandering off as recently she's been unlocking 3 locks and taking the rubbish down, while I'm asleep, I have now purchased a Lifemax Safety Beam, she is like Houdini, I'm going to hang her upside down in a tank of water, locked up and she'd beat his time. :)

There are 2 units a receiver and transmitter the send a laser beam from one unit to the other and if the beam (which is obviously invisible) was broken it would wake up England if you set the alarm volume high enough, she can't even get (as she has some serious mission impossible moves:), honestly it makes you wonder how they do it, and try to limbo it or step over it, So I fitted it is as close as I can one receiver on one wall the transmitter opposite and now it's impossible for her to get out as the door breaks the beam not my mum.

It might help some people as it's does much more reassuring for me she's not wandering the streets at night. I purchased from eBay for just under £30, I just had a look and there's ones on there for just about £26.00

I'm thinking of buying another for the food cupboard or fridge as if I didn't say "no" after she has eaten 3 lollies, a whole role of digestives, 16 Slices of ham(that's my weirdest so far as it must have been when I was sleeping, our shopping was being delivered the next day and had run out of bread, so she scoffed down half a ham without bread. So i could run one to the kitchen entrance at night, just place them opposite across the entrance. opposite the kitchen entrance walls when I go to bed, (takes batteries, I use Duracells and you're handy unlike me, it can be used with a power adapter.

I hope it may help some carers, as if I hear movement I'm terrified she is off outside.

Take care

Rob

Spiderpig

May 27, 2015
GPS Tile.

I'm full of tips today, actually this is the only other so far.

I had been on a waiting list for a product just called the "tile", for over a year as it was so over ordered,

Basically it looks like a Monopoly Tile just a bit bigger, it has a GPS tracker inside that links to an app for Apple or Android, I have stitched one into her coat lining, one in her handbag and another coats lining and you can track them using GPS, my mum wouldn't go out without her handbag EVER, So it seemed as good a place as ever.

They are based in the USA, shipped quickly (after they ran out of stock a few months ago) the site explains all about tracking a lost "Tile"

Mark as Lost: Use When Your Tile is Lost and Out of Range *

"The Mark as Lost feature allows you to mark your Tile as lost in the app. Once your Tile has been found by either you or a Tile community member, you will receive a push notification and email notifying you of the item's location."

You can buy just one or a pack of four, I think one is about £17.00 but if you want more tracking tiles the price goes down, It's just reassurance as I'm my mum's sole carer, I lost her for about 2 minutes a few months ago and it felt like a year, I was running round looking for her, I "Tile would definitely eased my anxiety, plus the Police can extend the range using cell towers to pinpoint them.

Just a suggestion if you are having problems with them wandering,

Take care,

Rob

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
The Tile looked good to me other than the range issue. I purchased the Personal GPS tracker for just under £200 plus phone credits when necessary with Giffgaff.

So far, so good. John is very restless and erratic these days and when I spoke to him this morning he had a moment of insight and said "I am trying to constrain myself"".

I really feel he must have someone with him all the time as his grip on reality is slipping further and further. At the same time I feel like a warder/prisoner myself. He has one day at a day centre and while I have been offered odd hours I find the organisation of that is not worth it. I am holding out for another day at day centre so the tracker my come into its own again soon if he doesn't have enough to exhaust him.

All very difficult and I wish you well.

Risa

Apr 13, 2015
Essex
Thanks for these two suggestions Rob; Mum doesn't remember her address or the town she lives and she has twice taken herself out for a walk which caused a panic :eek: I will be looking into these :)

Spiderpig

May 27, 2015
Hi

Hi,

I'm Rob :) I'm sorry how hard your situation is, the tracking devices has come on five fold,

I find the ability to trace her and if she can't be found then all SMARTPHONES Alert any locals to keep a look for her with Clothes, Facial, is she local all leads Geotach and pinpoint her exact location even if she is out of the trackers range,

The Tile looked good to me other than the range issue. I purchased the Personal GPS tracker for just under £200 plus phone credits when necessary with Giffgaff.

So far, so good. John is very restless and erratic these days and when I spoke to him this morning he had a moment of insight and said "I am trying to constrain myself"".

I really feel he must have someone with him all the time as his grip on reality is slipping further and further. At the same time I feel like a warder/prisoner myself. He has one day at a day centre and while I have been offered odd hours I find the organisation of that is not worth it. I am holding out for another day at day centre so the tracker my come into its own again soon if he doesn't have enough to exhaust him.

All very difficult and I wish you well.

Spiderpig

May 27, 2015
Hi Risa

Hi Ross, they really are good failsafe, I had been getting 2/3 hours sleep for years as I was always like a cat on a hot tin roof, I still go 2/3 days without sleep due to my anxiety and it is true, you do hallucinating, I see my daughter standing with me holding out her hand (she was taken away from me when after coming home from work she was gone, everything,

Anything that can help sleep is essential for me and everyone as if I haven't slept for 2 or 3 Days life becomes 10 x harder.

Take care

Rob

Thanks for these two suggestions Rob; Mum doesn't remember her address or the town she lives and she has twice taken herself out for a walk which caused a panic :eek: I will be looking into these :)

Suzanna1969

Mar 28, 2015
Essex
Spiderpig I think we should request your username be changed to 'Q'!

Very sorry to hear about your daughter, that must be horrendous to live with especially on top of everything else you're dealing with.