WANDERING OFF & GPS Trackers - ideas & advice please..

VonVee

Dec 15, 2014
Poole Dorset
Hiya's

Ok, don't laugh! But I'm thinking of GPS'ing my mum!!!, she's been wandering off now for a good few months since Dad passed at Xmas, and the stories from my mum, from the carers, and from the other residents, are a cause for concern, at first I just thought she was dreaming, hallucinating if you like (she does this) she goes to sleep really early and ends waking up in the middle of the night, and stories have emerged about her going out in the dark late at night, and strange men approaching her wanting to have sex with her, at first I just shrugged this off, thinking it was just another hallucination, but a resident came up to me earlier today, elderly themself, and told he see's my mother regularly outside the flats, standing and staring into space or sitting on the bench at 1 and 2 in the morning, he lets Mum in and tells her to go back to her flat... This has happened a few times, and I must admit, she has phoned me before at 10.45 and 12.30 at night, with various things like, thinking I'm boots the chemist and she wants to buy some skin cream, or asking me where Don's (Dad) gone, and she's trying to find him, etc etc (sad ain't it)

So safe to say I think it's time for some type of GPS system, either a badge, a watch or shoe soles, I know they aren't cheap, and I'm prepared for that, but I like to find out what are the good ones that work and what are the bad that don't, has any one on here tried them? what do you think? And can you recommend a site or two?

If anyone can help me with this I'd be eternally grateful. So thank muchly in advance.
Vonne xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976