wandering and now drinking

Callandergirl

Apr 23, 2013
Today my husband decided to drink whisky while he was on one of his jaunts. He takes heart meds plus sertraline which is to help with his bus obsession- up to 8 journeys per day. He bought a half bottle of 12 year old whisky from which he had 1 drink. That must have removed his inhibitions because when he next went out he bought a malt whisky. I picked him up at the bus station worse for wear. He's also spent £170 in the last 12 days, or was it taken from him? Where do I go from here?? Both of us confined to barracks??Any ideas?7

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Have you got Power Of Attorney? If so, someone might be able to inform you as to how it could help. Sounds a desperate situation which needs resolving.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
The wandering and bus journeys I have experience of with my husband and I have to warn you it will probably continue and get worse. The drinking is not much of a problem as John takes hours to drink a glass of wine. The money means the time has come to take his cards away and just give him a small allowance. I top John's wallet up so he never has more than two five pound notes plus a coin purse with change. He is now at the stage where he rarely spends anything but needs to know there is money in his pocket.

Eventually if your husband is at risk the inevitable move to a safe place will be suggested.

Callandergirl

Apr 23, 2013
Have you got Power Of Attorney? If so, someone might be able to inform you as to how it could help. Sounds a desperate situation which needs resolving.

Thank you Chuggalug. Our daughter and myself have power of attorney. I'll phone tomorrow.

Callandergirl

Apr 23, 2013
The wandering and bus journeys I have experience of with my husband and I have to warn you it will probably continue and get worse. The drinking is not much of a problem as John takes hours to drink a glass of wine. The money means the time has come to take his cards away and just give him a small allowance. I top John's wallet up so he never has more than two five pound notes plus a coin purse with change. He is now at the stage where he rarely spends anything but needs to know there is money in his pocket.

Eventually if your husband is at risk the inevitable move to a safe place will be suggested.

The money thing has taken me by surprise and I'll do what you suggest Marionq. Thank you..I