Walking time bomb!

Kerringtonjg

Jan 24, 2017
My 81 year old mum lives in sheltered accommodation with a full time warden. Despite signs, phone calls etc, she goes out up to 7 times a day.

The 50+ other residents are complaining that she's putting them at risk because of her frequent coming and going and inability to understand/remember about social distancing. She's a walking time bomb!

She had a capacity assessment on Friday and the conclusion is that she has lost capacity, so we can use our POA and put her safely in residential care.

Except that most homes have closed their doors, and the two with vacancies insist she be tested for Covid19. Which seems like an impossible ask, even if we were to pay privately for it!

The situation is totally impossible! I feel helpless to protect the other residents, let alone my mum!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That's an interesting thought Cat27. Do you have any idea how I would go about contacting them?

I am expecting a phone call from mum'sGP early tomorrow morning.

I would ring the local Social Work Department and ask to speak to the duty officer. I would imagine that the local crisis team would be contactable through them.

Kerringtonjg

Jan 24, 2017
I would ring the local Social Work Department and ask to speak to the duty officer. I would imagine that the local crisis team would be contactable through them.
Thank you. I'll try that after my conversation with her GP. ?