walking allday

Paperweight

May 8, 2018
Does anyone have same problem my oh cannot sit down more then 2 minutes.he is wandering round all day .picked him up from day care at 2-30 and he has not sat down for more then 2 minutes all afternoon and this evening ,even at teatime left some of his tea just to get up and start walking round ,took our cup of tea and apple pie into the garden and he walked round drinking and eating.he is like it everyday .i don't know where he gets his energy from he wears me out just watching him .he also hates me watching tv he walks in front of it and stops me watching it .the daycare said he is the same there,he was in respite last week and ch said that's all he did all week ,one of carers said it is doing my diet world of good has she was walking with him ,only activity he joined in was dancing class ,I know he likes music but there is only so much music I can listen to he won't sit and listen on his own I have to sit with him.sorry for long post and moan .

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Describing my mother, It drove me a bit potty, just watching her, did it for quite a few years. then January this year I talked to consultant and told him that I thought the anti depressant she was on was actually increasing this restlessness and so stopped taking them, he said that her dementia had moved to a stage where the anti depressants probably were not helping except the side effects which I did not want. For a few months she became much calmer and though I am convinced it was down to anti depressant, I thought it was also possible that the dementia was beginning to affect her mobility. However, last weekend after a fall and some time in A&E,it has all started again and it is more like pacing now, sometimes the same area. Spoke to gp and she told me to give mum some pain killers, it is possible that the fall hurt her back. Is it possible he is in some pain, paracetamol might help, it can also help to calm things. Interesting comment about the tv, my mum would often obstruct my view!

Paperweight

May 8, 2018
Describing my mother, It drove me a bit potty, just watching her, did it for quite a few years. then January this year I talked to consultant and told him that I thought the anti depressant she was on was actually increasing this restlessness and so stopped taking them, he said that her dementia had moved to a stage where the anti depressants probably were not helping except the side effects which I did not want. For a few months she became much calmer and though I am convinced it was down to anti depressant, I thought it was also possible that the dementia was beginning to affect her mobility. However, last weekend after a fall and some time in A&E,it has all started again and it is more like pacing now, sometimes the same area. Spoke to gp and she told me to give mum some pain killers, it is possible that the fall hurt her back. Is it possible he is in some pain, paracetamol might help, it can also help to calm things. Interesting comment about the tv, my mum would often obstruct my view!
Hi Tin oh is on depressants but dr said it was only very low dose .i don't think he is in pain I wondered if it were Bordem ,we go for a walk to local park but he just likes to walk .i think I may have a word with consultant I can't keep up with him .he has just gone to bed so hopfully he stays he uselly does I think he is exusted.thanks for advise might try parositamols

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Hi paperweight, My mum is still up and pacing! hours and hours since she sat down and then only for 5 minutes, soon I am going to put a stop to it all and get her ready for bed. Never still in bed though. The few months break I had from this was just wonderful.

Paperweight

May 8, 2018
Hi paperweight, My mum is still up and pacing! hours and hours since she sat down and then only for 5 minutes, soon I am going to put a stop to it all and get her ready for bed. Never still in bed though. The few months break I had from this was just wonderful.
O I do feel for you I must admit oh stays in bed normally.i look forward to this hour watching tv .i can imagine the break from it was nice ,