Walker repair

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
OH has a four wheeled walker that was given to him three or four years ago by a physio at the local hospital.
I have noticed that the brakes, although they have not failed, are not very good and on of the front wheels is slightly sticking.

Does anyone know how I could get it repaired?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Try a search for a local firm which sells used ones, they should be able to overhaul it.
Also try asking the physio who gave it to him.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @canary
there's a care/mobility shop in my town centre ... I wonder whether a shop local to you may be able to help

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Ooh, good suggestions. I never thought of a bike repair place.
I had a look and OHs walker has a NRS label with a bar code on it, but no phone no. I had a quick look at the link and Ill try phoning them.
Thank you

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
OH has a four wheeled walker that was given to him three or four years ago by a physio at the local hospital.
I have noticed that the brakes, although they have not failed, are not very good and on of the front wheels is slightly sticking.

Does anyone know how I could get it repaired?
The loan people from OT should come and check it and take for repair. As the equipment is theirs they have a duty to maintain it. Contact the OT to see if they have the number.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
The equipment OH has from NRS is maintained at their expense, on average every 6mths.
The loan people from OT should come and check it and take for repair. As the equipment is theirs they have a duty to maintain it. Contact the OT to see if they have the number.
Really? I was not told that and its never been maintained. I must definitely phone them.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Really? I was not told that and its never been maintained. I must definitely phone them.
yes because you loan the equipment so not yours or your responsibility. we have things the OT said we should have and no doubt it will go back when its not needed in the future.

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
OH doesn't have a walker but I would think NRS will need to be the ones to do any repairs even if a particular item of equipment doesn't need regular servicing.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
My brother has an NRS walker and there is a label on it stating *S..........* Equipment Centre which is connected to the OT service at our local council. The label also has a local telephone number.