Walk out the door and keep on walking

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
Does anyone else ever feel like that? Walk out the door and keep on walking? It's such a roll a coaster. Why is every good feeling always smashed before you have time to enjoy it.

Stresshead

Sep 13, 2014
I think all of us feel like that regularly !!

My husband made the fatal mistake of saying that he thought dad was doing really well over the last few days.........well that jinxed it !! He has driven me mad today saying that he needs the toilet. He has limited mobility so I have to take him but every time we get there and I sit him down he says 'why have you brought me here I don't need the toilet'. Take him back to his seat and 20 mins later it starts again. When I try and check with him if he does really need to go i end up in a frustratingly difficult conversation where he then accuses me of stopping him from using the loo. So I take him but with the same results and so we start all over again.........grrrrrrrrrr !!!

So if you feel like walking I'll come with you xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
Sorry folks!

Does anyone else ever feel like that? Walk out the door and keep on walking? It's such a roll a coaster. Why is every good feeling always smashed before you have time to enjoy it.

Wouldn't really do it, but nice to dream. Just having a carer melt down, it's been a bad day.
I like the keys through the letter box Patsy after locking the door! Made me laugh. That's what is so great about this site, it pulls you up from the brink. What would I do without you all?

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
absolutely!! Even did it once - took the car and drove to a lovely quiet spot in the pitch black, sat there for half an hour and then worried sick for half an hour and went home lol so much for resolve!!!

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
absolutely!! Even did it once - took the car and drove to a lovely quiet spot in the pitch black, sat there for half an hour and then worried sick for half an hour and went home lol so much for resolve!!!

yes it's the you can't really leave can you, walk away. You feel responsible.......well I do

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
What an awful situation. Yes. I've felt that many, many times. Don't know how I managed not to, Jean. I really feel for you, and everyone going through this very hard time.

Dustycat

Jul 14, 2014
North East
Yes. I have. Even though my Dad is now in care I often feel like I could run away as it's still all consuming. People think once your relative is in care you are a free agent. Far from.... x

jikkie

Aug 23, 2015
oh yes, would love to walk away, do a Reggie Perrin. By the way, what was the name of that programme? Everytime i mention doing an RP, I have to explain to anyone under 50. lol.

harder still when you can't financially. once my husband is in care, i lose the house, because I wont be able to keep it with the loss of income.

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
By the way, what was the name of that programme? Everytime i mention doing an RP, I have to explain to anyone under 50.

Rising Damp. I loved it too.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
nah its not rising damp sorry
it is the fall and rise of Reginad Perrin lol
loved rising damp too though

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
oh yes, would love to walk away, do a Reggie Perrin. By the way, what was the name of that programme? Everytime i mention doing an RP, I have to explain to anyone under 50. lol.

harder still when you can't financially. once my husband is in care, i lose the house, because I wont be able to keep it with the loss of income.

The fall and rise of Reggie Perrin. Remade a few yeas ago with Martin Clunes playing the lead.

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland

Ah yes, many a time I have felt like that. I wouldn't do it but we all can dream.........:)

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Jean, now my hubby is in a CH l can just walk away, l leave it to the professionals, its a good feeling ☺

Emac

Mar 2, 2013
why walk when you can fly?

My favourite fantasy is to go to the airport and catch the first easyjet flight to anywhere. It would have to be a one way ticket though!

Emac

Mar 2, 2013
I agree Dustycat. my Mum has just gone into a care home- before that she lived with Dad and somehow my workload has doubled! Clothes labelling, meetings, keeping on top of them to make sure she is eating and drinking as she is (naturally) upset by the move, so I absolutely get that the care home gives you different problems but doesn't actually remove them completely......

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
I understand completely. Sometimes in my car I feel like just driving until I run out of petrol and living where I stop. Its just too much responsibility sometimes. My Mum is now in a care home. I dont worry about here being alone in the house now but there are a million other things to manage and worry about. I feel like I will never be free.

With your kids they grow a little bit more independent each day. With dementia its in reverse.

dollydee

May 9, 2015
Burnley
Know that feeling

My husband has now been OFFICIALLY diagnosed, it's mixed dementia. Vascular dementia and Alzheimer's. This is on top of the colorectal cancer and colostomy bag. He has no idea, speaks of his tummy and forgetful problems. I feel like running out the door several times a day!! But we don't. We keep going. I have to get up every 2 1/2 hours through the night to check his bag. If not he has accidents which are not to even be discussed. Hours of cleaning result. Trouble is one gets so very tired over the months. My daughter who was staying with us accused me of being a drama queen last Monday. I was so hurt. She went to stay with her brother who also seems to be more distant. My husbands three children don't even phone. It's the loneliness and fear that get to me.

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
My husband has now been OFFICIALLY diagnosed, it's mixed dementia. Vascular dementia and Alzheimer's. This is on top of the colorectal cancer and colostomy bag. He has no idea, speaks of his tummy and forgetful problems. I feel like running out the door several times a day!! But we don't. We keep going. I have to get up every 2 1/2 hours through the night to check his bag. If not he has accidents which are not to even be discussed. Hours of cleaning result. Trouble is one gets so very tired over the months. My daughter who was staying with us accused me of being a drama queen last Monday. I was so hurt. She went to stay with her brother who also seems to be more distant. My husbands three children don't even phone. It's the loneliness and fear that get to me.

Drama queen!!! Would she like to try it? Day in day out, constantly?? No! I didn't think so. Hurt & also outraged on your behalf.