Waiting for the end

Janey russ

Jan 2, 2014
It's 330 in the morning and I am here just waiting for the end. The doctor came earlier and gave pain and agitation injections but these have worn off so the nurse is on her way to do it all again. Syringe driver being fitted tomorrow. We all feel we are nearing the end of our painful and very sad journey together.

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Thinking of you and wishing you strength to bear this painful time. Hope the nurse has been and that your mum is now peaceful.

Wishing you both peace and freedom soon from all that her dementia has made you endure. Take care.

Janey russ

Jan 2, 2014
Yes the nurse has been and we are all peaceful again for the moment. Going to get some rest myself now . Nighty night , ready for tomorrow

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Oh Janey-what a difficult and sad time for you and your family. I hope you are now sleeping and your Mum remains peaceful

Love

Lyn T XX

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
Thinking of you and wishing for a peaceful time.

Was in those circumstances this week last year.

Janey russ

Jan 2, 2014
Well we are still here watching and waiting. The syringe driver is now in place so no more need to keep calling out nurses through the night. Mum is unconscious and very peaceful. She will go when she is ready and all we can do is be here . It's a strange range of emotions , really want it to be over, but terrified that when the end finally comes my journey with mum and my purpose for the last year will be done. So a big part of me is just not ready ......